Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Hilton Aspire Approved

tag
MrCollector
Regular Contributor

Amex Hilton Aspire Approved

Picked up the Aspire with a $5K SL as I'm getting rid of my Platinum card and switching from SPG/Marriott to Hilton (the upcoming devaluation of Marriott Gold Elite made it an easy decision). 

Given that this card essentially pays for itself with the $250 airline/$250 Hilton resort credit, and not to mention the Diamond status, it was the obvious choice to replace the Plat. Not to mention you get improved rental car status over the Plat when you status match Hilton Diamond to National Executive Elite, which can then be matched to the highest tier on any other major rental car company. 

If you aren't a Marriott loyalist the Aspire seems like a better status card than the Platinum with a cheaper AF. 

I will miss FHR (and 5x on flights, but 3x on the CSR dampens that blow significantly) but I didn't make too much use of it anyways. I'll definitely miss the concierge for restaurant reservations though. 

760 (TU) 755 (EX) 740 (EQ)

Chase Sapphire Reserve | Hilton Aspire | Amex EveryDay | World of Hyatt | Aviator Red | AAdvantage Platinum Select | Citi Premier | United Mileage Plus | Discover It
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Hilton Aspire Approved

Congrats on approval and nice SL

Message 2 of 18
jlitnns
Established Contributor

Congrats on the card and nice SL!

Robot Very Happy

Message 3 of 18
Malcono
Regular Contributor

@MrCollector wrote:

Picked up the Aspire with a $5K SL as I'm getting rid of my Platinum card and switching from SPG/Marriott to Hilton (the upcoming devaluation of Marriott Gold Elite made it an easy decision). 

Given that this card essentially pays for itself with the $250 airline/$250 Hilton resort credit, and not to mention the Diamond status, it was the obvious choice to replace the Plat. Not to mention you get improved rental car status over the Plat when you status match Hilton Diamond to National Executive Elite, which can then be matched to the highest tier on any other major rental car company. 

If you aren't a Marriott loyalist the Aspire seems like a better status card than the Platinum with a cheaper AF. 

I will miss FHR (and 5x on flights, but 3x on the CSR dampens that blow significantly) but I didn't make too much use of it anyways. I'll definitely miss the concierge for restaurant reservations though. 

Congrats on the approval!

I'm eventually app'ing for this card, since I've been a hilton Gold/Diamond member for years and would like to more easily keep my Diamond status.

But I had no idea about the status matching. 

Thanks for that tip!

Total Credit: $107,000Utilization: 1%AAoA: 2yrs, 4mthsAoOA: 3yrs, 1mthAoYA: 1yrs, 10mthsBaddies: 0

Message 4 of 18
chhull00
Frequent Contributor

congratulations-gif-image-2017.gif

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval and good info.
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 18
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval and thanks for illustrating the differences between the card benefits!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Aspire! Looking to pick up this card by Xmas when my score is higher. 

Message 9 of 18
MrCollector
Regular Contributor

@Malcono wrote:

@MrCollector wrote:

Congrats on the approval!

I'm eventually app'ing for this card, since I've been a hilton Gold/Diamond member for years and would like to more easily keep my Diamond status.

But I had no idea about the status matching. 

Thanks for that tip!

Thanks! The ability to leverage Diamond is what made this a no-brainer for me. I didn't want to lose my rental car status from the plat, and this actually improves it.

760 (TU) 755 (EX) 740 (EQ)

Chase Sapphire Reserve | Hilton Aspire | Amex EveryDay | World of Hyatt | Aviator Red | AAdvantage Platinum Select | Citi Premier | United Mileage Plus | Discover It
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.