Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Hilton Aspire Approved

tag
jl4
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Hilton Aspire Approved

Congrats! I wish they had the 100k offer when I applied for my HH card. 100k points would be good for pretty much the entire 2 nights I spent in Vancouver, BC, an otherwise CA$930 (US$700). Worth it IMO. 

EQ8: 779 (Inq: 1) | TU8: 771 (Inq: 0) | EX8: 763 (Inq: 4)
Total Rev: $182,500
Message 11 of 18
CountryLad
New Contributor

Congrats!

Question from your post... how do you do this?

"match Hilton Diamond to National Executive Elite, which can then be matched to the highest tier on any other major rental car company."

Thanks!

“If you wish to get rich, save what you get. A fool can earn money; but it takes a wise man to save and dispose of it to his own advantage.” ―Brigham Young
Message 12 of 18
jl4
Established Contributor

@CountryLad wrote:

Congrats!

"match Hilton Diamond to National Executive Elite, which can then be matched to the highest tier on any other major rental car company."

Thanks!

Usually it just involves getting in touch with National and sharing proof of your Diamond status.

EQ8: 779 (Inq: 1) | TU8: 771 (Inq: 0) | EX8: 763 (Inq: 4)
Total Rev: $182,500
Message 13 of 18
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

@MrCollector wrote:

Picked up the Aspire with a $5K SL as I'm getting rid of my Platinum card and switching from SPG/Marriott to Hilton (the upcoming devaluation of Marriott Gold Elite made it an easy decision). 

Given that this card essentially pays for itself with the $250 airline/$250 Hilton resort credit, and not to mention the Diamond status, it was the obvious choice to replace the Plat. Not to mention you get improved rental car status over the Plat when you status match Hilton Diamond to National Executive Elite, which can then be matched to the highest tier on any other major rental car company. 

If you aren't a Marriott loyalist the Aspire seems like a better status card than the Platinum with a cheaper AF. 

I will miss FHR (and 5x on flights, but 3x on the CSR dampens that blow significantly) but I didn't make too much use of it anyways. I'll definitely miss the concierge for restaurant reservations though. 

Congrats on the Aspire.  I looked long and hard at this card over the weeks and would love to try the Diamond status.  In the end, Almost like a right-of-passage...  I needed to give this new Amex Platinum a spin and test how fully I can utilize the perks.  It was a pretty close tie when considering both of these cards, and the Aspire being a revolver was nice to consider also. 

I'd be extremely curious to see a review in a few months as to how you feel it's benefited you vs the Platinum. I think one thing that was on my mind when considering the Aspire, was that many folks had expressed concern that certain Hilton owners removed the Executive Lounge.  None the less, had I not opted for the Platinum and ignored how often I travel in airports, Hilton Aspire would've been a no brainer for me this month.  Again... great pickup by you.. congrats mixed with jealousy.

Message 14 of 18
MrCollector
Regular Contributor

@CountryLad wrote:

Congrats!

Thanks!

National has a status match page on their website, as do Hertz, Sixt, Avis, etc (you can google "national status match" and it'll pop up). They just ask for a screenshot of your status and your rental account number. It only took a couple of days for them to match me.

760 (TU) 755 (EX) 740 (EQ)

Chase Sapphire Reserve | Hilton Aspire | Amex EveryDay | World of Hyatt | Aviator Red | AAdvantage Platinum Select | Citi Premier | United Mileage Plus | Discover It
Message 15 of 18
CountryLad
New Contributor

Thank you!

“If you wish to get rich, save what you get. A fool can earn money; but it takes a wise man to save and dispose of it to his own advantage.” ―Brigham Young
Message 16 of 18
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Congrats. This card is on my to do list.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!Smiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.