Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Hilton Honors Ascend

tag
LakeLife
Established Contributor

Amex Hilton Honors Ascend

Hey everyone, just a quick note that I was approved today for a Amex Hilton Honors Ascend with a SL of just $1,000.  I'd imagine that's because less than 30 days ago I was approved for an Amex Delta Skymiles Gold for $16.5k.  I got the Ascend strictly for the SUB, so I'm not worried about the small SL. 

Two things of note:  one is that Amex did approve me for two cards within a 30 day window.  There was speculation on the forum that that may not be possible.  Two is that even though they were pretty good to me with the Delta SL not so much on the second card.  I'm guessing as time goes on I'll be able to get CLI.  I'm back in the garden for two years, so I'll update everyone on how it goes.  

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Hilton Honors Ascend

@LakeLife wrote:

Hey everyone, just a quick note that I was approved today for a Amex Hilton Honors Ascend with a SL of just $1,000.  I'd imagine that's because less than 30 days ago I was approved for an Amex Delta Skymiles Gold for $16.5k.  I got the Ascend strictly for the SUB, so I'm not worried about the small SL. 

Two things of note:  one is that Amex did approve me for two cards within a 30 day window.  There was speculation on the forum that that may not be possible.  Two is that even though they were pretty good to me with the Delta SL not so much on the second card.  I'm guessing as time goes on I'll be able to get CLI.  I'm back in the garden for two years, so I'll update everyone on how it goes.  

I was going to tell you that the current bonus on this card was 150k points.  Did you apply and only get the 125k points.  You should wait a while to give people a chance to reply to you after asking a question.  

Message 2 of 13
LakeLife
Established Contributor

Thanks for the heads up.  Is the spending threshhold the same as the 125k offer (2k over 3 months)?  

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LakeLife wrote:

Thanks for the heads up.  Is the spending threshhold the same as the 125k offer (2k over 3 months)?  

3k over 3 months.  You can also self-refer yourself on Amex cards for additional points. Or if you have a player 2 refer them to the Ascend you get 20k and they get 150k.  

Message 4 of 13
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@LakeLife wrote:

Congratulations

1. I have the card and find it to be pretty good. Always seems to be a free full breakfast at the places I've been to. The points, for my type of travel, are worth around 4/10 of a cent, but I rack them up relatively quickly, since even non-bonus spend gets 3 points, and most of my spend on the card gets 6 points. The 125,000 point bonus is worth $500 in my book.

2.  It's easy to transfer part of your limit from one card to another with Amex. Just go to Account Services > Transfer Available Credit to Another Card.   You can only do it once a month, but other than that it's a piece of cake. So it will probably be very easy for you to transfer some of that juicy Delta limit to your Hilton card. Maybe you have to wait for it to be activated, maybe not.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 5 of 13
LakeLife
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@LakeLife wrote:

3k over 3 months.  You can also self-refer yourself on Amex cards for additional points. Or if you have a player 2 refer them to the Ascend you get 20k and they get 150k.  

The 2k for 3 months works better for me anyway, so no loss there.  Thanks again though!

Message 6 of 13
LakeLife
Established Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@LakeLife wrote:

Congratulations

1. I have the card and find it to be pretty good. Always seems to be a free full breakfast at the places I've been to. The points, for my type of travel, are worth around 4/10 of a cent, but I rack them up relatively quickly, since even non-bonus spend gets 3 points, and most of my spend on the card gets 6 points. The 125,000 point bonus is worth $500 in my book.

2.  It's easy to transfer part of your limit from one card to another with Amex. Just go to Account Services > Transfer Available Credit to Another Card.   You can only do it once a month, but other than that it's a piece of cake. So it will probably be very easy for you to transfer some of that juicy Delta limit to your Hilton card. Maybe you have to wait for it to be activated, maybe not.

Great information and since I'm new to Amex that is perfect to know.  Thank you.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval !!!!!

Message 8 of 13
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

looks like you got a CLI on your Amex Ascend. did you call in to ask for 3x CLI right away after it was approved or did you wait the 61 days?

In my wallet:

In my desk:
Message 9 of 13
LakeLife
Established Contributor

@kudosalert wrote:

looks like you got a CLI on your Amex Ascend. did you call in to ask for 3x CLI right away after it was approved or did you wait the 61 days?

I waited 60+ days and used the website and was approved on the spot.  From my understanding, I'll need to wait another 180 days for another CLI.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.