Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Hilton Honors Surpass Shady Approval

tag
bigseegar
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Hilton Honors Surpass Shady Approval

@cmoe wrote:

I was approved for the Hilton Honors Surpass card with $4000 SL. As if the starting limit wasn't insulting enough, they immediately reduced my current BCP card limit from $41,600 to $37,600. They reallocated part of my BCP CL to the Honors card that has an AF of $95. I kind of feel robbed and cheated. I was also surprised the approval was a HP - it took 6 points out of my credit score.

It's actually simple. That means you've reached your "internal" CL at $41,600 with AmEx. That's why the $4K CL and the moving of that  $4K to the new card. If you want it higher than $4K you'd have to move even more from the BCP card. You said in another post back in December that you upgraded your BCE to BCP and ask for a $10K CLI and AmEx requested 3 months bank statements. So, that's where the internal limit came from and is based on those statements and income they saw. Also there's never been any quarantee that new cards are only a SP with AmEx as there have been many reports of new cards on exsisting accts being HP's. Given the current financial environment it's probably only going to get tighter with lenders.

Message 11 of 14
cmoe
Valued Member

@bigseegar wrote:

@cmoe wrote:

I was approved for the Hilton Honors Surpass card with $4000 SL. As if the starting limit wasn't insulting enough, they immediately reduced my current BCP card limit from $41,600 to $37,600. They reallocated part of my BCP CL to the Honors card that has an AF of $95. I kind of feel robbed and cheated. I was also surprised the approval was a HP - it took 6 points out of my credit score.

It's actually simple. That means you've reached your "internal" CL at $41,600 with AmEx. That's why the $4K CL and the moving of that  $4K to the new card. If you want it higher than $4K you'd have to move even more from the BCP card. You said in another post back in December that you upgraded your BCE to BCP and ask for a $10K CLI and AmEx requested 3 months bank statements. So, that's where the internal limit came from and is based on those statements and income they saw. Also there's never been any quarantee that new cards are only a SP with AmEx as there have been many reports of new cards on exsisting accts being HP's. Given the current financial environment it's probably only going to get tighter with lenders.

I thought so because recently, I tried to raise the BCP CL to 50k, and they asked for bank statements again, but I didn't provide them. They won't raise my limit, but they've been trying to have me get the Platinum and the Gold for $695 and $250 AFs. So I think they know what they're doing.

Anyway, I got four cards recently: BofA, CSP, CFU, and Barclay Aviator. So I'll be focusing on growing these instead. I heard BofA is very generous with CLIs. I'm done with new cards for the year - heading to the garden.

Message 12 of 14
Stealth-1
Established Contributor

Well, at least it was approved and hopefully you can grow it. @bigseegar brought up great points.

"If you don't stand for something, you might fall for anything."
Message 13 of 14
Limitless-Credit
Established Member

Congrats on the AMEX HHS approval.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.