Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Hilton Honors approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Hilton Honors approved!

A bit of a story to begin:  I was showing prequalifed offers from Amex back when my scores were sub 550 and I applied....instant decline.  Once my EX reached 670+, I checked prequal and had no offers.  I cold apped the BCE last month and was approved with EX 673.  I knew my EX had gone up to 681 this week, so thought I might have a good chance of an approval for a second Amex card.  I logged into my account and clicked the Apply button on a few different cards.  I was getting "___, you are pre-approved!" for the revolvers and "expanding your membership is easy" messages for the charge cards.  Some of you may understand why that would be, but is a bit confusing to me.  Before I decided to apply this morning for the Hilton Honors card, I went to Amex incognito and check to see if I was preapproved for anything.  It actually came back and said they had no offers for me.  So if I am logged in, I am showing preapprovals and when I am not logged in, I do not get any offers.

My credit rebuild began last spring.  Signed up for Discover scorecard and was shown an EX score of 524.  Less than a year later, here I am getting approved for my second Amex card.  This forum has been a great place to learn about credit and has been a big help to me during my rebuild.  A few data points for those interested:

Prequal:  Yes

EX Score:  680 (Amex provided score, MyFico says 681)

HP or SP:  Unsure, will update 

SL:  $1000

SUB:  50,000 points after $1000 spend in the first 3 months

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
ShatteredK
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex Hilton Honors approved!

Congrats with the approval!
Thanks for the DP too!
.:: AmEx Gold Delta | AmEx Blue Cash | Citi AAdvantage | Chase Amazon Prime Signature Visa | Wells Fargo Platinum::.
02.15.18:
Today:
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your Amex approval!! Hopefully that SL will grow for you.

Also, congrats on what looks like a successful rebuilding; keep working that score up

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! I'm shooting for Citi next April!
Message 4 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Doing some great rebuilding. Nice bonus tooSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 8
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on your 2nd AMEX card. Pretty confident since you're already a cardholder you'll receive no HP for the application.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your data points. After I finished reading I went to Amex and logged into my account to see offers. I clicked on SPG to apply and it showed pre approved so I pulled the trigger and I was approved for $1000 and no HP!!! I clicked on multiple cards and all of them showed preapproved.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome @zues.  I try to be specific about things as I know others are searching the forums looking for things based on similar situations.  I know I've done that quite a bit before applying for some of my cards.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.