Did you mean: 

Amex I am floored

tag
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Amex I am floored

@DrZoidbergwrote:

You got approved for the lowest limit possible. Your chances of a 2nd card are close to 0%. It's best to wait.

In 3-6 months if you take care of the account, things will begin to appear in your offers. It is safest to wait until they do to apply for more.

Message 11 of 25
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Thank you all. Yes I think your advice is spot on since the low limit I will wait awhile and then apply for a second card. Thanks again always sound advice.
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 13 of 25
ccpat
Frequent Contributor

Same here. Maybe they're loosening up a bit.  I was on the BL for a long time. Now I've been approved for Hilton Honors.  Pushed my luck and tried for Blue Cash but no go.  However, I am now an AU on husbands card and AMEX declined this also before.

Message 14 of 25
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

I am happy for you. Yes I am still in shock myself lol. May I ask what is your limit on the Hilton?
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 15 of 25
drboxing
Established Contributor

congrats, I was in the same position as you, BK in 2007 which included AMEX, I applied in July 2017 was approved for $1000, in December 2017 I got 2 preapprovals from AMEX and was approved for both.

Message 16 of 25
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Thanks you give me hope that in the future I can get another card with them. I am trying to build up my credit with decent lenders and thought Amex was never attainable. Now citi and Chase is another story/post lol
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 17 of 25
drboxing
Established Contributor

Yeah hang in there, it'll take some time but you'll get preapprovals from AMEX.

Message 18 of 25
ccpat
Frequent Contributor

Hilton Honors limit was $1000.
Message 19 of 25
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Thank you same as my limit.
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.