Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex PRG Approved (finally!)

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Amex PRG Approved (finally!)

This will likely be my last thread in approvals for a while... no more app-drama for me!  Smiley LOL

My application for the PRG was approved!  I got the offer for 50k MR points with $2k spend, which I'll easily make with my usual monthly spend. 

Perhaps oddly, I'm not a huge fan of MR points, but I need a card where I can can have an AU and since my other Amex cards have low-ish credit lines this one will suit the purpose just fine.  I did the math on the 'perks' and when you include that there's no fee for an AU, it actually comes out less expensive than the Green card I closed a couple of months ago... hopefully with a few good Amex Offers I'll be able to offset the AF even more.  Even without the Amex Offers, there's enough value in what they provide to more than make it worthwhile.

The approval process was a little confusing (the app went to 'In Progress') but after finally being able to speak with someone the approval was quick and easy.  To anybody that might be in the same situation, when you call if after providing your information the recording repeatedly tells you 'the system is currently not available' and asks you to call back later... do call back but say "something else" at the prompt and you'll get a live-person who will, indeed, have access to your application (the recording lies).

Again, thanks to all my friends here for always being so supportive, and for passing on all the knowledge that allowed me to get to where I am today credit-wise.  Smiley Very Happy

Edit: can't spell today

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex PRG Approved (finally!)

Congrats UB!! I'm very happy for you! Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 45
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats UB!! I'm very happy for you! Smiley Happy

Thanks so much!  Smiley Very Happy

I have to admit I've actually been 'eyeing' this one for a while... it was on the "bucket list" way back in the day, and even though it's been within reach for a while I wouldn't allow myself to app unless it made financial sense (I'm cheap like that...haha). 

I finally determined that it did, and honestly I'm looking forward to it's arrival!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats UB!  Happy to hear!

Message 4 of 45
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats UB!  Happy to hear!

Message 5 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand completely, cards need to make sense. I'm glad you are able to scratch it from your list at last! Enjoy it! Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 45
datrucking210
Established Contributor

Congrats UncleB!

I'm only getting the 25k offer to come up so no go for me.

Mid 500's Spring 2014 As of 06/07/16 EQ-700^ TU-738^ EX-697v In the Garden 5/28/16! Goals 750 across the board end of 2016
AU:
Message 7 of 45
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@datrucking210 wrote:

Congrats UncleB!

I'm only getting the 25k offer to come up so no go for me.

I definitely feel your pain... yesterday was the first time I've been able to get the 50k offer on my PC since last fall. (seriously)

I actually wasn't aggressively seeking it out, I only looked for 'giggles' since I knew it would probably be the same HP as my Delta app, and was honestly shocked when it appeared.  I even told myself, "if it comes up, it will be 'meant to be'..."  LOL.  I don't know if that was truly the case, but everything worked out in the end.  Smiley Very Happy

It would be nice if they wouldn't make it so difficult to find... it's not as if they aren't making money off the card - the AF is fairly steep, and most people aren't rewards enthusiasts like we are on here.

I hope you get it to come up soon!  Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 45
CatOfSpades
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!! Smiley Very Happy

♠Queen of Spades♠
Apple Card MC $10,000
BofA Cash Rewards VS $10,000
5/3 Cash/Back WEMC $10,000
Discover IT $7,500
Message 9 of 45
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations UncleB

That app-drama is bringing home some very nice results Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.