Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex PRG Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex PRG Approved

Last week a few sites I followed mentioned Amex was sending out targeted 50,000MR points offers with $2K spend in 3 months for the PRG. The offer wouldn’t appear for me while logged in and nothing ever appears for me logged out (even using new browsers, incognito, etc.). Fast forward to yesterday, I logged in and had the offer. I couldn’t resist considering this is the highest MR offer with lowest spend I’ve been able to capture for the PRG. Last week it was 25K MR for the same spend.

Amex updated my score on the 29th (EX FICO 8 - 740). The approval as with the last one since becoming a member was a soft pull. Scores are in my signature. It went 24hr pending which surprised me so I called in after about 20hrs and they just needed to verify whether I was military, which was a first. I’m not. After that she said, that’s all she needed and it was approved.

This is probably not really relevant but I dig data points when others post them so here it goes (not counting the PRG):
12/12mo
7/6mo
Scores below.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
avp99
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex PRG Approved

Congratulations and welcome to PRG. 💪🏼

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on picking up the PRG!!
Message 3 of 11
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 4 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

For the love of AMEX! Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, ForTheLoveOfPoints!!

Congrats on the PRG.  I saw the 50000MR SUB yesterday too.  went to another major's prequal site to see what they offered me.  When I came back to AMEX it was back down to 25000MR SUB.  Probably a good thing, because I would have pounced on that one.

Quick question....I noticed your scores in your signature.  Says March 2017 then April 17.  Did your scores drop 50 some odd points in 1 month?

Take a look!

Good luck to you!

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

OP, ForTheLoveOfPoints!!

Congrats on the PRG.  I saw the 50000MR SUB yesterday too.  went to another major's prequal site to see what they offered me.  When I came back to AMEX it was back down to 25000MR SUB.  Probably a good thing, because I would have pounced on that one.

Quick question....I noticed your scores in your signature.  Says March 2017 then April 17.  Did your scores drop 50 some odd points in 1 month?

Take a look!

Good luck to you!

Oops, typo. That should read March 2018. I guess I temporarily forgot what year it was  

Thanks for for the heads up. Lol. 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem at all!! Enjoy that PRG!
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I just got mine and the 50k MR SUB too!
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:
Congrats! I just got mine and the 50k MR SUB too!

Congrats to you. What SUB did you get on your ED card?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.