Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex PRG Disappeared off Website - Update Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex PRG Disappeared off Website - Update Approved

Hello all, 

So I applied for the Amex everyday preferred on 6/8 and received an automatic decline, I did not have a prequalify on this one. The next day I noticed I was prequalified for the PRG card which was great as that was my next target and I suppose I jumped the gun not realizing Amex doesn't allow another application right after a decline. 

I called them up and they stated the app didn't even go through, it was autmoatically cancelled since it was right after a decline. They said you have to wait 10 days after a decline and that I should be good to go on 6/18... any truth to this? I don't see this number anywhere on their site or my decline letter. I only see 30 days. 

Now as of yesterday the PRG has completly disappeared from the Amex website. I tried clearning my cache/cookies and still it's not there. If I go into it incognito mode I can see the card as long as I don't login with my Amex account. (I have a year old Delta gold). 

I called in to see whats up and they didn't have an answer for me as to why that would happen. Has anyone had this happen?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex PRG Disappeared off Website

Its not unusual.  Amex will remove cards from your view if they think you aren't qualified for it/them.

The wait after a rejected application is 30 days not 10 days.  If you try to apply after 10 days it will be immediately rejected.

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all, 

So I applied for the Amex everyday preferred on 6/8 and received an automatic decline, I did not have a prequalify on this one. The next day I noticed I was prequalified for the PRG card which was great as that was my next target and I suppose I jumped the gun not realizing Amex doesn't allow another application right after a decline. 

I called them up and they stated the app didn't even go through, it was autmoatically cancelled since it was right after a decline. They said you have to wait 10 days after a decline and that I should be good to go on 6/18... any truth to this? I don't see this number anywhere on their site or my decline letter. I only see 30 days. 

Now as of yesterday the PRG has completly disappeared from the Amex website. I tried clearning my cache/cookies and still it's not there. If I go into it incognito mode I can see the card as long as I don't login with my Amex account. (I have a year old Delta gold). 

I called in to see whats up and they didn't have an answer for me as to why that would happen. Has anyone had this happen?

Thanks!

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it, so probably not worth going with what the rep said and trying again on the 18th... mind as well wait the 30 days to be sure.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It will come back again I am sure. It happend to me for years now and I still haven't apply for it yet. Once it dissapeared and Amex would send me the pre-approval application on snail mail later. Most of the time they send me multiple Platinum card offers on mails instead of e-mail or their website. For PRG it is the other way around. Weird.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

As an update to this, I called again and was reassured I don't need to wait 30 days between a decline to re-apply for the card again stating I can apply today shy of 10 days of the decline. So as usual the PRG was still not showing up to apply for. So I opened an incognito browswer and low and behold, the PRG with the 50k points offer!, Just a week ago I was applying for it for the 25k points. 

I was a bit nervous since I'm not logged in (once i log in even in incognito the card dissapears). So I filled the info and boom approved! with the 50k MR bonus for $2k spend. 

So Amex's decline resulted in a nice additional bonus of 25k MR points for me. 

Also so far I have not received a notification of a HP... i'm suspecting it's a soft pull since i would usually receive an immediate notification from both Experian and MyFico.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on recon and approval , any data points you can provide , thanks

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

Here's what I've learned. YMMV

Only needed to wait 10 days between applying after a decline. Not the 30 days stated on the decline letter.

Data Points:

Fico 8 scores are, TU 708 EQ 687 EXP 670.

Experian hasn't updated yet and is showing a a higher util at 41% instead of 22%

AAOA is 3yrs 10months with oldest account being 10yrs.

No late or missed payments ever. 

No baddies ever.

1 auto loan paid off, 1 current auto lease

13 open accounts. 

4 inquiries total.

Hope this helps!

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad it worked out

Message 8 of 10
drboxing
Established Contributor

Congrats, ive always thought it was 30 days to wait after a decline. We've learned something new, lol congrats again, enjoy the card.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@drboxing wrote:
Congrats, ive always thought it was 30 days to wait after a decline. We've learned something new, lol congrats again, enjoy the card.

Thanks! I thought it was 30 as well according to everything I found on their site and on the decline letter. I recommend anyone in my same position to call in. They were able to give me an exact date I can apply again (i.e today for me)

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.