cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex PRG and Everyday Approved. I've arrived!

tag
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Amex PRG and Everyday Approved. I've arrived!

Let me begin by saying I'm appreciative of the support I've received in these forums, as well as the advice given out. I never thought I would be "Amex material" but here I am. Without this forum I wouldn't have known about the 2 for 1 HP on a charge card and a revolver.

I debated for a week whether I should wait for the possiblity of a 50K PRG bonus, and decided against it - I have a large purchase coming up and wanted to use it to meet the spend bonus.

Applied for the PRG first - Instant approval. I knew as soon as it asked me if I wanted to add additional cards to the account. Already checked the spending limit, and was approved for $5,000 Smiley Happy 

Applied for the ED after - also an instant approval. Unfortunately the SL is only $500. I've got cards that beat this by 12x. A little bummed because I know that $500-$2000 limits tend to stay there for a bit, so I don't expect a 3X CLI anytime soon. 

I'm glad to get my foot in the door with Amex, especially after Citi declined me for the Costco Visa last week - even with a solid prequal. I needed to get in with a bank that does steady SP CLI's, and Amex is my golden goose. I will work that little Everyday card so hard, they'll be begging me for a CLI! 

DP's:  4 EX inqs (pretty sure they pulled EX). EX FICO 08 is 724 as of this morning. Took a small hit after Citi inq last week.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
fullstackdev
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex PRG and Everyday Approved. I've arrived!

Congrats on the approvals! My PRG and ED are my go-to cards for everyday spending, dining, and travel. Here's hoping your card grows.
Mar 2017: EQ 733 80 INQ | TU 768 42 INQ | EX 755 80 INQ || AMEX PRG | AMEX BGR | USAA Rewards VS $17K | USAA NAMF AMEX $15K | SECU Visa $10K | Cap1 V1 (AU) $45.75K | AMEX BCE (AU) $10K | Marvel MC $25K | Walmart MC $10K | Freedom $12.2K | USAA Cash Rewards VS $18K | Walmart SC $25K | PENFED CR $9K | AMEX EDP $24K | Banana Republic SC $10K | MECU $10K | Amazon SC $25K | Barclays Apple Rewards $10K | J. Crew $13.6K | Cap1 PlayStation $3K | Cap1 QS1 $2.6K | Business: AMEX Green NPSL | AMEX SimplyCash $2K | AMEX Blue for Business $3K | Cap1 Spark Visa $7.5K | Amazon Rev. $2.5K | Amazon PIF (No PG) $1K | Walmart (No PG) $2.5K | Chase Marriott Business $30K | Chase Ink $14K
Message 2 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Great approvals! Still cant beat a twoferSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval, DeeBee78.
Amex does pull Experian exclusively, and will now give you your updated Fico8 Ex score every month
Message 4 of 5
JC_NuJeru
Valued Member

Congrats! Welcome to the Amex family.

IN GARDEN UNTIL Dec 2017 Starting Score May 2014 EQ: 586 Feb 2017 - Scores EX: 713 TU: 723 EQ: 717 Goal Score: 750 +
Amex PRG - NPSL, Cap 1 QS Rewards Visa - $10,000, Amex ED - $16,000, PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa - $15,000, Discover IT - $6000, Cap 1 QS One MC - $4250, Chase Freedom - $3,500, Citi Visa - $5100, Macy's - $8500, BOA Visa - $2500, DCU Visa - $2000, Best Buy - $2000, Cap 1 Platinum MC - $1800. Utilization @ 7%
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.