Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex PRG - approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex PRG - approved

Just wanted to share some data points, I've had a delta gold for about 2 months now and had been eyeing the prg for a little while but didn't think I'd be approved. I read on here some people getting approved without hard pulls, decided to roll the dice and instant approval, no hard pull as of yet (apped 2 days ago)!

Ex 651 - inquiries 8 from past year. Decided to roll the dice with the Hilton card but no dice Smiley Sad I suppose I'll give it a couple months!

Super excited about the prg yessss!!
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex PRG - approved

Congrats!

Message 2 of 17
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the PRG. I just got approved for the Hilton this morning 😁
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 3 of 17
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the PRG! The NPSL took me a bit to figure and if you've had an AmEx charge card before disregard this, but if not this might help.

With the NPSL AmEx says your "soft limit" fluctuates based on your history with AmEx. For my PRG it was very specific.

The "spending power" was always equal to 3 times the amount of my largest payment in the previous rolling 6 months. This applies to a single payment, not multiple ones to equal a monthly bill.

Sample Payments: Mar $500, Apr $450, May $1500, Jun $0, Jul $500, Aug $25 ----- if I hit the spending power button today (Sept) it would return "you're Approved up to "$4,500" (In the last 6 months $1500 was the largest, so $1500 x 3)

It's a rolling 6 months so it would stay at $4,500 until December assuming no more payments from Jun to Dec were greater than $1500. As soon as I made a payment greater than our sample $1500, it would recalculate to 3x that greater amount.

I wanted to know how this part of the NPSL worked quickly to avoid being declined a charge while I was out and about. Knowing this, I never had a declined charge. YMMV, but thought I'd share. Congrats again!

Message 4 of 17
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!  What are the bonuses these days, and how much do you need to spend?  Thanks for sharing!

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey thanks for all the congrats guys! Getting some nice results from my rebuild! I had an offer for 50k points and spending 2k in 3 months so that's why I took the jump!

That's interesting about the spending power, looks like right now they're comfortable doing 3k max for me to start out with.
Message 7 of 17
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Congrats!! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am curious about the spending power. Haven't used my PRG much since I got it same time with the PLAT.

PRG now comes with Pay Over Time, and the letter I received says $35K. Is that the standard? But I'll use it for what it is, a charge card.

Did you opt for the Pay Over Time?
Message 9 of 17
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

They seem to have a few little "project programs" that let you pay a balance over a few months. I have the POT (pay over time) but my limit is only $20k. I also have the Select-N-Pay Later which is a little neater. With that one, I can choose to finance a charge that was $100 or more while everything else is still due at the end of month. That limit is $10k for my card. I only have those 2 programs on my PRG.

Ive read quite a bit that although AmEx loves to announce these programs they are not very keen on you actually using it. YMMV. I know there are more programs out there but the one consistent thing is they all seem to be invite only. They'll send you a letter telling you "effective xx/xx/xxxx you now have..."
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.