Re: Amex PRG

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

@Gmood1wrote:

Congratulations Adkins! Your following Amex CCs will.most likely be SPs. 😀

Welcome to the  Amex family.

I wouldnt quote me on this, but i think when you hit the apply now button and its says your pre-approved it a SP and if it says extend your memebership then it can be either SP or HP.

I have the "you are pre-approved" for the Hilton Ascend (and all co-branded cards), but the PRG it says, "extend your membership". Is that normal?

Yes.  its really depends on what Amex will approve you for.   Extend your membership has a higher decline rate from what i have learned on other forum posts.   I was able to get a co-branded no prob, but Amex cards i'm still on the outs.   Some history and maybe they will open up as well.    You can only be approved 2 credit card in a 90 day period in most cases, charge cards are unlimited if you can get them. 

I guess, it's fine to see since a denial will end in a SP. Thank you for your input. 

True, but also keep in mind as well, if you are approved but your score/profile isnt high enough to get the spend bonus you lose out on it as with approval you get the once in a lifetime rule. 

Message 22 of 28
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Remedioswrote:
Congrats, Adkins!

Thank you!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 23 of 28
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@shoegalwrote:

Congrats Adkins! 🎉💕

Thanks! 😁

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

@Gmood1wrote:

Congratulations Adkins! Your following Amex CCs will.most likely be SPs. 😀

Welcome to the  Amex family.

I wouldnt quote me on this, but i think when you hit the apply now button and its says your pre-approved it a SP and if it says extend your memebership then it can be either SP or HP.

I have the "you are pre-approved" for the Hilton Ascend (and all co-branded cards), but the PRG it says, "extend your membership". Is that normal?

Yes.  its really depends on what Amex will approve you for.   Extend your membership has a higher decline rate from what i have learned on other forum posts.   I was able to get a co-branded no prob, but Amex cards i'm still on the outs.   Some history and maybe they will open up as well.    You can only be approved 2 credit card in a 90 day period in most cases, charge cards are unlimited if you can get them. 

I guess, it's fine to see since a denial will end in a SP. Thank you for your input. 

True, but also keep in mind as well, if you are approved but your score/profile isnt high enough to get the spend bonus you lose out on it as with approval you get the once in a lifetime rule. 

Between Rent, Car, Travel for work, Family of four, and upcoming birthdays.... spend is easy. LOL

I'll wait to try my luck when the 50k MR points appear again. 

Message 25 of 28
drboxing
Established Contributor

congrats

Message 26 of 28
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@drboxingwrote:
congrats

Thanks! 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! and welcome to AMEX. That BCP is a great card to carry if you spend a lot on groceries and gas.
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.