drboxing
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Plat approval

Congrats, I have the Platinum Business card and I love it, great perks

Message 11 of 21
Acc-Risk
Contributor

Congrats! I just got my green card but I'm wondering if I made a mistake...

Message 12 of 21
drboxing
Established Contributor

Depends, the annual fee for Personal Platinum is $550, for Business $450. If u don’t do much traveling maybe upgrade from Green to Gold Amex

Message 13 of 21
goal_digger
Regular Contributor

Way to go! Congrats, OP. Quick question: Is the 24hr delivery standard for the Plat?

I ask because I received a pre-approval when I logged into my Amex account. I travel regularly for work so for me it's a good fit, but when I called in and spoke with a rep he said my card would be delivered in approx. 7 days. I'm in the midst of planning a big international trip for work so was prepared to pull the trigger until he said that. I'm wondering where the 5-7 day window he referenced came from unless yours was just expedited...

In order of approval...
Fico Scores: EX 721 | EQ 723 | TU 719
Goals: Reduce util, obtain soft-pull CLIs and 720 across the board.
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had an offer from AMEX for the Platinum for several weeks. I applied and was approved for the card. I never thought this was possible being that it took me from 2001 to 2017 to get back in the graces of AMEX with their credit steps BCE card.
Who knew!

Edited to say: I checked my spending power this morning.  I tried $10,000 - approved.  I entered $20,000 - approved.  SMH in disbelief!

Message 15 of 21
drboxing
Established Contributor

Congrats, enjoy the card

Message 16 of 21
goal_digger
Regular Contributor

Nice! Hope you enjoy the card! What did your profile look like when you were approved? And how long did it take you to receive the card?
In order of approval...
Fico Scores: EX 721 | EQ 723 | TU 719
Goals: Reduce util, obtain soft-pull CLIs and 720 across the board.
Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!  Love AMEX!

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scores in my siggy but also ran alot thru SPG for 2 months pif. Received card in 24 hrs. Via UPS.
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

My card arrived today via UPS Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.