Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Platinum Approval

Been reading quite a bit on the forums and followed some of the advice that was given to other members. Thanks to those of you that chimed in.

I've been on a rebuild journey since graduating university in 2017. Thought after school, getting a job would be cake, boy was I wrong. 5 months later, I finally took a position, started working on my credit, paying off my debit. Around that time I was around a 550. After a year and some change, I was able to get my score in the low 700s.

I wanted to learn more about getting my credit score up and came across this community. After reading and taking in as much as I could, I started looking at cards I would have a chance with.

Was approved by Chase for there Sapphire card, was kind of shocked. So, I was like why not try for the Amex Platinum. I know it's not a credit card per say, but I liked the benefits. So, I gave it a shot. Denied!! Kind of down about it, I just said oh well, meant to be. Came back to the forums, read some more and saw threads about the recon. It got me to thinking. Told myself, may as well give it a shot and see what happens. Called Amex up to see if they would recon my app. Gave them the info they needed, customer service says itll be a day or two before I know anything. I was like okay, no worries. Finished giving him some more info and as I was giving the last bit of info, he tells me, you've been approved already. I was completely shocked and honestly felt like a huge accomplishment.

So, 1. I'm excited about being a platinum holder. 2. Thanks to you guys and your guidance to others, I was able to learn, by reading what you guys said.

Look forward to sharing more updates, when I apply for others later in the future.

Best!!
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Platinum Approval

Congrats !!!

Message 2 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the Platinum! Nice card!
Message 3 of 33
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

Awesome! Congrats!

Message 4 of 33
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

Congrats!  Welcome to the Amex Platinum family.

Message 5 of 33
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS @82ndPara on your Approval and Welcome to the FORUMS!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 6 of 33
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval and recon!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 7 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval after recon!!
Message 8 of 33
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval, great card to have!

Message 9 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on scoring that beauty and enjoy!
Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.