Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum Approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Platinum Approval!

I had been waffling on the fence about applying for this card after just getting a CSR the month prior. I've already hit the SUB for CSR which was my primary goal before applying for anything new. Additionally, I REALLY wanted the legendary 100k points offer and tried all over the internet to find a way to *legitimately* get it without gaming the system, but alas it was not to be. I was able to manage a 75k SUB offer which made me feel a lot better about applying so I did...and was instantly approved! I half-expected as much, however the CSR I got was not an instant approval (for silly reasons, but at least Chase was protecting me from what they thought could be fraud) and thus I had a tick in the back of my mind this may not be immediate either.

Regardless, I was approved right away and got that rush of obtaining another top tier quality card! Can't wait to get that in the mail by Monday (wishfully hoping for even sooner)!

Before I get to the summary, just a quick FYI for new AMEX card holders... When you see the "Test my spending power" link on the website, don't attempt more than two amounts or the feature locks and you get a disconcerting message that you should call customer service to verify your information. Not a good look when you do it within the first 15min like me...

Credit Profile:

812 TU, 794 EF, 800+ EX

No baddies or fraud at all

3 cards open, 40k total credit line, 0% utilization...fully paid off each month.

(1 prior AMEX student card that was closed in 2009 due to inactivity)

1 car loan open, 37k left of 57k

AAoA: 4yrs 6mo

16yrs total credit history

Income: $75-100k bracket

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Five6Two
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex Platinum Approval!

Congrats on the approval!
Siggy under construction Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 9
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

Congrats on your new card!!!

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 3 of 9
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the new card and thanks for the DP share.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 4 of 9
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your new Platinum card

Message 5 of 9
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 6 of 9
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval!!  Time to start your Saks 5th Ave shopping. Uber eating, and so forth.  Enjoy the benefits!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval !!!

Message 8 of 9
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.