Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Platinum Approved!

Congrats! Your accounts will grow nicely! Smiley Happy 

Message 11 of 23
restdani
New Contributor

congrats! if you can, get the bonus points ASAP. i just got approved for my platinum too :-)
Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats OP. Use it wisely and Amex will LOVES you Smiley Wink

Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait. You only get a SP if you're already a AMEX holder?

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this true? SP on existing customers?
Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

congratulations! i feel the same way like you Smiley Happy i got approved for  4 amex credit cards in one night.

Message 16 of 23
jbsilva21
Regular Contributor

Well I have heard 2 different things. SP for existing and then hp if approved. However some here have stated that they did not get the HP after approval. My guess and only guess could be those have or have had some kind of history beyond a year. I have nothing to back that up, just an assumption. I have only had the Delta for over a month. I had prequals for the Delta and PRG. But I was not thinking and apped for BCP the next day and got denied. I waited the 30 days plus a few more and cold apped the Platinum. I have also read that Amex doesn’t show preapproval for new accounts before 60 or 90 days. As usual YMMV.
Message 17 of 23
sueblue34
Frequent Contributor

I’m dying for a cli on my Amex delta gold. Tried twice and was denied. I’ve had the card for about 6-7 months. I’m wondering when it will start growing. I think I will just pif this month and let it report at 0% for a while since putting a decent spend haven’t worked for me

Congrats on the approval
Message 18 of 23
jbsilva21
Regular Contributor

Thanks, I got the Delta last month with a 1K sl and have run it up and pif 3 times. My 61 days is up next month around 7th or 8th. I want BCP and SPG then I will have all the cards I want from Amex. I feel the itch but I am gonna hold out for a few months. I want to put some serious spend on this Platinum and see if by the summer I can have one of the other revolvers. Waiting is tough, I feel like I pushed the envelope with this last card so I want to show them I can handle it. I have a lot of traveling coming up this summer so hopefully I can offset the AF pretty quick.

Message 19 of 23
jbsilva21
Regular Contributor

Ok, so I know I said I was going to wait but DW said just do it. BCP Approved! I am stopping NOW! Yes, yes, yes!

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.