Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum Approved! :)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Platinum Approved! :)

Just want to share after I received an offer with RSVP code to app for the Platinum with 50k/$5K spend in the mail yesterday. I already have the PRG and BCP, so I took the offer and apped last night but received a 14 day message. Called this morning and answered a few verification questions and CS said: "Congratulations! Your application is approved!". I know the AF is high but I wanted to add the Platinum to my line up of Amex cards Smiley Happy. I asked CS if he can change my offer to 100K/$3K spend from the previous offers I've read in this forum but no go. My data points when I apped: FICO EX 687 with 19 Inqs. I love the perks on this card as well as my PRG and I will use the perks when I travel. Thank you all for the information here. 

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
schsa210
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Platinum Approved! :)

Congrats and I can't wait to be apart of the AMEX family way way way way down the road.

~buried myself in the garden~
Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@schsa210 wrote:

Congrats and I can't wait to be apart of the AMEX family way way way way down the road.

Thank you Smiley Happy. I was quite excited apping it last night, the offer packet looks decent and I felt special ... lol Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice, congrats on the Amex approval, enjoy the benefits Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and welcome to the AMEX family. 

I was approved for this card last month and received the same 14 day message. I called in and they wanted to make sure it was in fact me that applied for the card.  I love this card and have already received  $300 in perks already. I purchased a $200 Southwest gift card and received a $200 statement credit and received a $100 statement credit for my Global Entry application. 

I was rather disappointed in the packaging the card came in. It came in a plain white box that said American Express Platinum. Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 25
elim
Senior Contributor

Very nice!   Will you close PRG before next AF?

Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just want to share after I received an offer with RSVP code to app for the Platinum with 50k/$5K spend in the mail yesterday. I already have the PRG and BCP, so I took the offer and apped last night but received a 14 day message. Called this morning and answered a few verification questions and CS said: "Congratulations! Your application is approved!". I know the AF is high but I wanted to add the Platinum to my line up of Amex cards Smiley Happy. I asked CS if he can change my offer to 100K/$3K spend from the previous offers I've read in this forum but no go. My data points when I apped: FICO EX 687 with 19 Inqs. I love the perks on this card as well as my PRG and I will use the perks when I travel. Thank you all for the information here. 

Congrats on the approval. I received the offer in the mail the other day too. I am going to bail on this offer and see if that 100k with 3k spend comes out again. 

Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice, congrats on the Amex approval, enjoy the benefits Smiley Wink

Thank you Mia Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your approval and welcome to the AMEX family. 

I was approved for this card last month and received the same 14 day message. I called in and they wanted to make sure it was in fact me that applied for the card.  I love this card and have already received  $300 in perks already. I purchased a $200 Southwest gift card and received a $200 statement credit and received a $100 statement credit for my Global Entry application. 

I was rather disappointed in the packaging the card came in. It came in a plain white box that said American Express Platinum. Smiley Sad

Thank you GDanzy Smiley Happy and Congrats to you too!. When read the 14 day message after I hit submit I thought it was a denial but I was wrong, AMex just wanted to make sure I was the one who apped. Thanks sharing about the perks. Is it only the SW gift card that I should buy to get the $200 statement credit and the $100 Global credit? Can't wait for it in the mail Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@elim wrote:

Very nice!   Will you close PRG before next AF?

Thank you Smiley Happy. I think I will keep both Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.