Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum Approved! :)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Platinum Approved! :)

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just want to share after I received an offer with RSVP code to app for the Platinum with 50k/$5K spend in the mail yesterday. I already have the PRG and BCP, so I took the offer and apped last night but received a 14 day message. Called this morning and answered a few verification questions and CS said: "Congratulations! Your application is approved!". I know the AF is high but I wanted to add the Platinum to my line up of Amex cards Smiley Happy. I asked CS if he can change my offer to 100K/$3K spend from the previous offers I've read in this forum but no go. My data points when I apped: FICO EX 687 with 19 Inqs. I love the perks on this card as well as my PRG and I will use the perks when I travel. Thank you all for the information here. 

Congrats on the approval. I received the offer in the mail the other day too. I am going to bail on this offer and see if that 100k with 3k spend comes out again. 

Thank you Smiley Happy. I wanted the 100K MR offer but I don't want to pass this opportunity. Amex may not send me another offer Smiley Happy. Just glad I got the Platinum Amex.

Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ dendom2 wrote:

Thank you GDanzy Smiley Happy and Congrats to you too!. When read the 14 day message after I hit submit I thought it was a denial but I was wrong, AMex just wanted to make sure I was the one who apped. Thanks sharing about the perks. Is it only the SW gift card that I should buy to get the $200 statement credit and the $100 Global credit? Can't wait for it in the mail Smiley Happy

No the SW gift card is not your only option. Technically gift cards are not supposed to qualify for reimbursement but for the past few months it has been working. If you do a Google search you will find tons of articles about this. The only thing you have to do first is select an airline in which you want to use the travel credit with.... Southwest, JetBlue, American Airlines etc. Then make the purchase with your Platinum. You will see the statement credit in a few days.

The Global Entry credit was easy... you just use your Platinum to pay for the application fee. You will see a credit within a few days.

Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@ dendom2 wrote:

Thank you GDanzy Smiley Happy and Congrats to you too!. When read the 14 day message after I hit submit I thought it was a denial but I was wrong, AMex just wanted to make sure I was the one who apped. Thanks sharing about the perks. Is it only the SW gift card that I should buy to get the $200 statement credit and the $100 Global credit? Can't wait for it in the mail Smiley Happy

No the SW gift card is not your only option. Technically gift cards are not supposed to qualify for reimbursement but for the past few months it has been working. If you do a Google search you will find tons of articles about this. The only thing you have to do first is select an airline in which you want to use the travel credit with.... Southwest, JetBlue, American Airlines etc. Then make the purchase with your Platinum. You will see the statement credit in a few days.

The Global Entry credit was easy... you just use your Platinum to pay for the application fee. You will see a credit within a few days.

Oh ... got it! Thank you for clarifying Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 25
mystikal1
Established Contributor

Congrats
Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mystikal1 wrote:
Congrats

Thank you Mystikal Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 25
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you !!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 16 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vegas4Play wrote:

Congrats to you !!!

Thank you Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just want to share after I received an offer with RSVP code to app for the Platinum with 50k/$5K spend in the mail yesterday. I already have the PRG and BCP, so I took the offer and apped last night but received a 14 day message. Called this morning and answered a few verification questions and CS said: "Congratulations! Your application is approved!". I know the AF is high but I wanted to add the Platinum to my line up of Amex cards Smiley Happy. I asked CS if he can change my offer to 100K/$3K spend from the previous offers I've read in this forum but no go. My data points when I apped: FICO EX 687 with 19 Inqs. I love the perks on this card as well as my PRG and I will use the perks when I travel. Thank you all for the information here. 

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 25
righthererightnow
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! !!!

Message 19 of 25
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Congrats !!
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.