Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum Approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Platinum Approved!

Hello all - I recently posted a question about my chances of getting a Platinum from Amex, and I have good news!

I have been extremely torn between the Plat and the PRG because a few days ago I received the targeted 50K MR / $2k signup offer, which I know is the highest it has ever been... At the end of the day, I was going after the card for 5x air tickets (I already have a dining card and a gas/groceries card) and lounge access for my soon-to-be-long-distance gf, so I bit my lip and went for the Plat. Hopefully they send me some more MR offers in the future, when I can meet the spend (couldn't think of a way to meet the Plat $5k and the PRG $2k simultaneously).

I had to go through some 3-way verification with my bank since I don't have an SSN (foreign national), but in the end all was good (the bank rep was extremely professional, to my surprise), and I got the instant approval. They rushed it to me, quoting long wait on the phone, so I should have my filthy mits on the bad boy in a couple of days.

My stats are:
EX Fico 8 721 (up from 697 last month)
Util 9% (down from ~30% last month)
AAoA lol so short (~5 mths?)
Oldest Acc ~25 mths
Income 65k
No baddies ever

Idk if Amex is getting desperate or what - I'm happy to be a Platinum member and I'm going to start using the crap out of the benefits! Thanks all for the helpful advice before.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex Platinum Approved!

CongratsSmiley Happy

No i dont think they are desparate, i just think they like collecting $550 Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the AMEX Platinum approval! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.  I don't think the PRG 50,000 point offer is that hard to get. I see it in my wifes account and my corporate account is offering it as well. I got the 50k offer already..   The 250 BCE and the 35000 SPG, 25000 green card offers are harder to see.  So you shouldn't have any trouble seeing it in the future. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.