Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum - Update: Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Platinum - Update: Approved

I was recently approved from Amex Every Day Cash Card. After reading lots of reviews about Amex Platinum, I feel like I should get this as it meets my needs more.

I travel a lot and Platinum gives you access to their lounges, which is what I want.

I did their pre-approval form and it didnt give me the Platinum as a recommendation. I also do know their CC criteria is over 700.

I also had recently opened 2 CCs, which brought the average age down.

What strategies do you have for me to get to Platinum?

Mod note:  I've updated your subject to reflect your approval; feel free to change/edit if you would like.  --UB

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Time2letgo
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex Platinum

Build some history with Amex and wait for a pre-qual on the Platinum.

Work In Progress:
Current Revolving Personal CL: ~$466K

Current Revolving Business CL: ~$107K

Gardening Until Dec 2019 or Until All Scores are back above 800s

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like that might take forever. Can't I call them and they approve me based on my job? I make 80K a year. 

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was recently approved from Amex Every Day Cash Card. After reading lots of reviews about Amex Platinum, I feel like I should get this as it meets my needs more.

I travel a lot and Platinum gives you access to their lounges, which is what I want.

I did their pre-approval form and it didnt give me the Platinum as a recommendation. I also do know their CC criteria is over 700.

I also had recently opened 2 CCs, which brought the average age down.

What strategies do you have for me to get to Platinum?

There have been many people approved below 700.  What is your current EX score?

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

My experian is over 700 but my history / credit length is very bad. It's less than a year. Would that matter a lot?

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Click on the platinum to apply, it it says “you’re preapproved”, you’re good more than likely. 

If it says “expanding membership is easy”, your not preapproved. You could still app, but your approval is 50/50. 

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did that and I wasn't in the pre-approved list.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

well it says, their system is unable to process my applications, which basically meants i am not even in their system. 

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, we were unable to match you with any pre-qualified offers at this time.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I did that and I wasn't in the pre-approved list.

Not the list.....if I went by that list, I’d still only have the ED card. 

Log into your account, go to see pre-qual cards, click all travel cards, click on the actually Platinum card, click apply and see what it says. 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.