Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platnium and Discover It Miles Approval

tag
acciofirebolt
Contributor

Amex Platnium and Discover It Miles Approval

Last week I applied for the Discover It Miles and got approved, this is my second Discover card, I've had the It card since 2013 (turns out I've had the student card the entire time, I always thought it was the regular version). I got the highest APR 24.49% but I don't mind because I always pay in full, current regular It has an APR of 16 something, 0% Intro APR for 15 months.

Discover It Miles: $5,000 SL

They pulled EX which was 746 at the time.

I also applied for the Amex Platnium card since the Uber and airline credit will come in handy this summer. They gave me the standard 60,000 MR points after $5,000 spend. I'm pretty sure this will be a soft pull for me as I've gotten the PRG and SPG within the past year and Amex did not do a HP for either.

Current scores: EQ: 741, TU: 743, EX: 745

INQ: EQ: 2 in 12 months, TU: 5 in 12 months, EX: 4 in 12 months

4 new accounts in the past we months and 2 in the past 6, most recent approvals was in February.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex Platnium and Discover It Miles Approval

Sweet approvalsSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on Approvals

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

To be a fly on the wall when you open that Platinum *Jude Bray just died*

@acciofirebolt wrote:

Last week I applied for the Discover It Miles and got approved, this is my second Discover card, I've had the It card since 2013 (turns out I've had the student card the entire time, I always thought it was the regular version). I got the highest APR 24.49% but I don't mind because I always pay in full, current regular It has an APR of 16 something, 0% Intro APR for 15 months.

Discover It Miles: $5,000 SL

They pulled EX which was 746 at the time.

I also applied for the Amex Platnium card since the Uber and airline credit will come in handy this summer. They gave me the standard 60,000 MR points after $5,000 spend. I'm pretty sure this will be a soft pull for me as I've gotten the PRG and SPG within the past year and Amex did not do a HP for either.

Current scores: EQ: 741, TU: 743, EX: 745

INQ: EQ: 2 in 12 months, TU: 5 in 12 months, EX: 4 in 12 months

4 new accounts in the past we months and 2 in the past 6, most recent approvals was in February.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approvals.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jude_Bray - that packaging & card are presented in the most surprising manner...so cool! The AU cards are even metal
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

So the legends are true! Smiley Surprised

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymous - that packaging & card are presented in the most surprising manner...so cool! The AU cards are even metal

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.