cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Pre-approved - Wondering how likely it will get actually approved?

tag
TheFate
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Pre-approved - Wondering how likely it will get actually approved?

The only pre approved offer I've ever received by mail from Amex was for the Green charge Card which I have absolute no interest in

Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Peeps for now I have decided not to pull the trigger. I will probably wait for a month and see if my score goes up since the Utilization went down to less than 10%. So probably will hit the apply button then. Thanks for all your help and comments. This forum is very helpful.

Message 22 of 26
milkshakes
Regular Contributor

keep in mind that many times if you get rejected by amex, it only counts as a SP, not a hard pull.

still, it's probably a better decision to wait it out a bit if you expect your credit score to rise over the next month or so while the pre-approved offer is still available. Charge card UW isn't that high, but waiting a bit definitely can't hurt you

12k                    10k                     5k                 12.5k (AU)                 6k                   NPSL                   12k
Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I went for it last night and it got approved. I am pretty sure its 50K points if I spend 1K within 3 months. 

Thats the email I got 

"

We are pleased to let you know that your application for the Premier Rewards Gold Card has been approved. We hope you’ll enjoy the benefits of Card Membership.

We are expediting your Card delivery, and you will receive it in 2 to 3 days.

"

Thankyou all for chiming in and helping me out. 

Message 24 of 26
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I went for it last night and it got approved. I am pretty sure its 50K points if I spend 1K within 3 months. 

Thats the email I got 

"

We are pleased to let you know that your application for the Premier Rewards Gold Card has been approved. We hope you’ll enjoy the benefits of Card Membership.

"

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 25 of 26
alvon123
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thats the email I got 

"

"

congrats

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.