Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Recon success

tag
xboxrunner
Regular Contributor

Amex Recon success

Just going to let the community know about my recent recon success with American Express. I currently applied for the Amex Blue Cash Everyday card and was declined in January and most recently a couple days ago. I was frustrated with the denials because I've had the Green charge card almost a year and have perfect payment history, although I dont use the card too much because the rewards are not as good as my other credit cards.

I decided to call and ask for a reconsideration. The first number I called was the one provided on the Amex website. I talked to a lady from overseas who told me to read my email they sent and thats why I was declined. The reasons given was Fico Score, which my Amex Exprian Fico score given was 720, and that I havent been a cardmember long enough (been a member around 10 months). I obviously already read the email and I kindly asked if there was any way it could be reviewed. She said any review would result in a hardpull and that I would almost 100% be declined again, forr reasons she couldnt share. I told her no thanks and ended the call.

However I read on MyFico forums about a Executive number, and it seems like a high percentage of people had success with it. Decided I'd give it a shot and called. Talked to a very nice and professional gentleman, most likely located stateside here. Told him I was curious if there was any way my application could be reviewed, stated I was a current cardmember and gave him my information. He asked for a number to reach me and said he would forward my request to the right people. Well about two hours later I got the call back from him and my application was Accepted and would be recieving my new card within 7-10 days.

I would highly recommend anyone seeking a recon from Amex to use the Executive Office number instead of the basic number they give you. Hope you have the same success as I did. I believe this is the number you want. 1-800-297-6197

Transunion - 820 (9/8/21)
Equifax Fico 8 - 832 (9/8/21)
Vantagescore - 821 (3/20/21)
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
xboxrunner
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex Recon success

For people wondering about my general credit portfolio.

UTL:  0-1%

Lates/Neg/Derog- none

AAoA- On Exp/TU its about 10mo, EQ is about 4 years.

Cards:

Amex Green- npsl -Closing soon to avoid AF.

Chase Freedom- $1000

Citi Dividened- $4000

Alliant CU Visa- $1000

USAA MC- $10,300

Orchard- $200  (yeah my big fancy card here whatch out haha) -Closing soon to aviod AF.

CrapOne- $500 -CLOSED

Message 2 of 21
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Congrats. There are very few success stories in recon with Amex. How did you get the executive #? It's that like a backdoor #? Apparently you spoke to the right person. What was your approval CL?
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@xboxrunner wrote:

For people wondering about my general credit portfolio.

UTL:  0-1%

Lates/Neg/Derog- none

AAoA- On Exp/TU its about 10mo, EQ is about 4 years.

Cards:

Amex Green- npsl -Closing soon to avoid AF.

Chase Freedom- $1000

Citi Dividened- $4000

Alliant CU Visa- $1000

USAA MC- $10,300

Orchard- $200  (yeah my big fancy card here whatch out haha) -Closing soon to aviod AF.

CrapOne- $500 -CLOSED

First off Congrats on the recon! I am curous though how you have 4 year AAoA on EQ but only 10 months with EX/TU?

Message 4 of 21
xboxrunner
Regular Contributor

@tntexans72 wrote:
Congrats. There are very few success stories in recon with Amex. How did you get the executive #? It's that like a backdoor #? Apparently you spoke to the right person. What was your approval CL?

I found the Executive Office number here on the site, people who recon'd with Amex had good success with it so I figured to give it a shot. I was pretty happy to get approved so i neglected to ask that info about CL, Ill update here when I get the card.

Also, my EQ is much better because apparently some of my old credit cards I used to have reported there but not to EX or TU for some reason. Luckily Alliant CU who I got my car refi'd through pulls EQ, which is by far my best CR with longer AAOA and only 1 inquiry.

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your recon!

Message 6 of 21
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Congrats on your recon approval !!  Glad that you were able to get success with the exec # ~ maybe we can get it added to the backdoor sticky thread.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 7 of 21
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Congrats, that's awesome! 

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 8 of 21
jbrickbm
New Contributor

Always good to hear a good recon story.  Unfortunetly I called EO today and had a different experience, they man answered the phone I introduced my self and gave a brief run down of why I called and he told me he would get someone on the line that could help me.  This person was an overseas person probably from new account department that gave me the same info about faxing stuff over as when I spoke with someone from the standard 800 number.

EQ MyFico : 738- 05/28/13TU Walmart: 680- 06/13TU CreditKarma 713- 06/13EX CreditSesame 706- 06/13
Discover IT$3,000, CapitalOne-Rewards$1400, CapitalOne-Rewards2$1000 , BestBuy$600, Orchard Bank$300, Walmart$150

Message 9 of 21
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@xboxrunner wrote:

Just going to let the community know about my recent recon success with American Express. I currently applied for the Amex Blue Cash Everyday card and was declined in January and most recently a couple days ago. I was frustrated with the denials because I've had the Green charge card almost a year and have perfect payment history, although I dont use the card too much because the rewards are not as good as my other credit cards.

I decided to call and ask for a reconsideration. The first number I called was the one provided on the Amex website. I talked to a lady from overseas who told me to read my email they sent and thats why I was declined. The reasons given was Fico Score, which my Amex Exprian Fico score given was 720, and that I havent been a cardmember long enough (been a member around 10 months). I obviously already read the email and I kindly asked if there was any way it could be reviewed. She said any review would result in a hardpull and that I would almost 100% be declined again, forr reasons she couldnt share. I told her no thanks and ended the call.

However I read on MyFico forums about a Executive number, and it seems like a high percentage of people had success with it. Decided I'd give it a shot and called. Talked to a very nice and professional gentleman, most likely located stateside here. Told him I was curious if there was any way my application could be reviewed, stated I was a current cardmember and gave him my information. He asked for a number to reach me and said he would forward my request to the right people. Well about two hours later I got the call back from him and my application was Accepted and would be recieving my new card within 7-10 days.

I would highly recommend anyone seeking a recon from Amex to use the Executive Office number instead of the basic number they give you. Hope you have the same success as I did. I believe this is the number you want. 1-800-297-6197

Thank you for furnishing the phone number...and congrats on your successful recon!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.