Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Revolver #6 -- Bonvoy $10,000!!!

tag
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Amex Revolver #6 -- Bonvoy $10,000!!!

I had been noodling around to see if I should jump on this one. I had (4) Revolvers already (BCP $30k, Schwab Amex $18k, BBP $9k and Amazon Biz $10k). I was pretty sure I was at my max since I just had my Schwab get a CLI from $10k to $18k very recently, but the online portal showed I was preapproved (vs "expanding your relationship", which for me means they'll likely approve but will rob peter to do it). Decided to go for it anyway. 

Applied for the Amex Blue Business Cash first - $10,100 approval (posted in business section) and that made card #5. 

Came back and applied for this one and was approved for $10,000, but I was more surprised since this makes revolver #6!! Looks like (5) revolvers is not as hard a limit as I thought (and hoped) lol 

Amex Bonvoy Brilliant

• $10,000 SL
  • APR: 22.49%, not the best but could be worse
  • Revolver #6 and total exposure now $87,100 with Amex Smiley Tongue
  • $450 AF but the $300 credit banks a huge chunk and the remaining perks will pay for the rest and a bit more
  • SUB: None - and I did get the pop-up reminding me Smiley LOL
  • New Accts < 6Mo = 2 (recent Apple, HSBC and Discover not posted)
  • EX Inquiries < 6Mo = 2
  • CRA: EX SP 770
  • Total Limits now $606,800

It showed the approval but didn't reveal the SL, but when I opened up the T&C's it was posted at the top. I immediately checked to see if they robbed peter and looks like all other cards are intact! Woot-Woot!

Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 11.44.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 10.36.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-28 at 11.13.13 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-28 at 10.39.53 AM.png

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Revolver #6 -- Bonvoy $10,000!!!

Congrats on your approval! 

Message 2 of 21
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your approval! 

Thanks @JAG73!

Message 3 of 21
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on the approval there!

Message 4 of 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

BIG CONGRATS ! 👍
Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

COngratulations!!!!

I wish there was a non-annual fee or $95 annual fee marriot bonvoy (AMEX). The $450 is just too much in my opinion, regardless of income.

Message 7 of 21
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

Congrats @credit_is_crack  well done cracky ....i am watching you Smiley Very Happy

Victory (4).png

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
"Be Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse"
Message 8 of 21
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Thanks @simplynoir, @M_Smart007, and @-Blessed-!

@macedwar, I think it's a matter of usage. I stay at Marriott spots at least 4 to 5 times a year so the $300 bonvoy credit will be easy to eat up and the free night is at least worth $140 so that alone pays for the annual fee. Usually flight times are odd so it's definitely good to have the late check out option at 4p and not get sucked into paying for another night and not have to just hang out at the airport for several hours. For me it works well

@Mahraja, I'm gonna lay low for a few months and let these recent approvals bake in. Spring 2020 I'll be on the hunt for the next victim bank Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Super grats Cracker JackSmiley Wink

I assume breaking 5 revolvers isnt as hard with the right income and profile but i guess Amex likes the purity of what you are SERVingSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.