Did you mean: 

Amex Rose Gold Approved after RECON

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Rose Gold Approved after RECON

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone!

As an AU on our current Amex gold account, there was a referrel link in order to earn an additional 30K

points if I was approved.  I sent myself the referral link, applied and was denied.  The reasons stated

were FICO score and length of relationship.  I waited until I physically got the letter and gave them a 

call.  After calling the RECON line, a nice lady took the time to read me the entire letter but I waited 

very patiently.  When it was my turn I stated the following reasons why I should be reconsidered for 

approval.

1. I stated that I have been an AU on  both Amex cards and all payments have come out of my account.
  2. She said that really didn't matter but I strongly urged them to look at the originating payment account.
  3. I stated that I have charged over 80K this last year on the gold and have always paid in full.
  4. I stated that I personally have an Amex with them and a Amex product from Navy Federal and PIF.

Please keep in mind that I was extremely professional with her and asked her how she's doing and made a

good conversation in order to keep the flow.  She kindly said that she would speak to the recon team but

warned me it could result in a hard pull.  I gave her my consent and she put me on hold.

After being on hold for 5 minutes, she came back on the line and apologized for the long wait but she said

she had great news.  I was approved for the rose gold amex and for the long hold, she was going to expedite

the card and it would be here in 2 days.

Lesson for anyone:  I know recons can be hard but really treat people nice and with respect and you never 

know what kind of positivity comes out of it.  Ask them how their day is going, ask them if them and their

families are staying safe and doing ok.  Anyways, at the end, there was no HARD PULL at all!  Really excited! 

Absolutely awesome approval on RECON! Congratulations!! 🥳🥳🥳

Yes!! Kindness, courtesy, professionalism and caring are free! 🙏🏻👏🏻👊🏻 They cost us nothing to give! 💥

Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on the amex!

Message 22 of 26
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 23 of 26
Demented1
Established Contributor

Terrific news…congrats on your AmEx Rose Gold approval! Smiley Wink

Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all again!  It's been a crazy journey since my 2020 rebuilding started!

Thank you to the FICO family!

Message 25 of 26
sauciefarr
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone!

As an AU on our current Amex gold account, there was a referrel link in order to earn an additional 30K

points if I was approved.  I sent myself the referral link, applied and was denied.  The reasons stated

were FICO score and length of relationship.  I waited until I physically got the letter and gave them a 

call.  After calling the RECON line, a nice lady took the time to read me the entire letter but I waited 

very patiently.  When it was my turn I stated the following reasons why I should be reconsidered for 

approval.

1. I stated that I have been an AU on  both Amex cards and all payments have come out of my account.
  2. She said that really didn't matter but I strongly urged them to look at the originating payment account.
  3. I stated that I have charged over 80K this last year on the gold and have always paid in full.
  4. I stated that I personally have an Amex with them and a Amex product from Navy Federal and PIF.

Please keep in mind that I was extremely professional with her and asked her how she's doing and made a

good conversation in order to keep the flow.  She kindly said that she would speak to the recon team but

warned me it could result in a hard pull.  I gave her my consent and she put me on hold.

After being on hold for 5 minutes, she came back on the line and apologized for the long wait but she said

she had great news.  I was approved for the rose gold amex and for the long hold, she was going to expedite

the card and it would be here in 2 days.

Lesson for anyone:  I know recons can be hard but really treat people nice and with respect and you never 

know what kind of positivity comes out of it.  Ask them how their day is going, ask them if them and their

families are staying safe and doing ok.  Anyways, at the end, there was no HARD PULL at all!  Really excited! 

Congratulations!  And thanks for the recon information --- that will surely be helpful for some.

4/2/2024. FICO 8 EX 795; EQ 780; TU 813. AMEX Platinum NPSL; AMEX Gold NPSL; AMEX Cash Magnet 29,800; AMEX Delta Reserve 20,200; PenFed PCR Visa 12,500; PenFed Pathfinder 15,000; PenFed Gold Visa 10,000; PenFed LOC 10,000; Macys AMEX 25,000; Home Depot 25,000; NFCU Plat Visa 30,000; NFCU Plat MC 15,000; USAA AMEX 6000; USAA Cash Rewards VISA 20,000; IKEA 19,200; Venmo VISA 20,000; SamsClub MC 20,000; Discover 19,600, Citibank Aadvantage Platinum Select World Elite MC 9800; Pottery Barn 29,700; Williams-Sonoma 15,000; FNBO VISA Signature 14,000; Sportsmans Guide VISA 12,400; Sephora VISA Signature 13,400; Target MC 7000; AAA Signature Visa 11,400. Total Credit Limit $482,000
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.