Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex SPG Approval

tag
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

Amex SPG Approval

I was lying low in my apps for a while, having everything I needed.  But then the CSR showed up, and it aligns perfectly with my spend. I couldn't pass up that 100K bonus.  Since I was out of the garden I figured I'd do a little bonus chasing.  First the Merrill+ for the $500-$1000 bonus, I'm just about to meet that spend.  

I noticed that the Amex SPG bonus had gone up to 35K.  I had never been interested in the SPG, but the Marriott merger changed everything.  I spend about 100 nts a yr in Marriotts.  The combined portfolio for reward redemption is a huge benefit.  The 2 pts earned at Marriotts is even better than the Chase Marriott cards earnings at 6pts vs. 5pts.  Finally, meeting the bonus will take no effort at all with my normal Marriott spend.

My only hesitation is I had seemed to have maxed out my Amex exposure at $35K.  Even submitting the 4506-t didn't get me a CLI.  I figured they might be a little conservative with me, as I burned them nearly 20 yrs ago.  They also SP me all the time, for example, 4 times in January.  But it all turned out well ...

Approved $14,900.

Total current Amex exposure: $50K (plus Amex Plat NPSL)

Stats prior to Approval:

Pulled EX - 791

Inq - 5 (EX)

Util - 6%

Highest CL - $31.5K

Avg CL - $15K

AAoA - 5 yrs

Total CL's - $328K

Edit:  Interesting, my APR is 17.74%.  I can't remember the last time I didn't get the best APR offered (15.74% on this card).  Not that it matters, since I don't carry a balance.  It just shows that Amex is a little cautious with me, especially combined with all the SP's.  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
trant3
Established Contributor

Re: Amex SPG Approval

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 2 of 4
trant3
Established Contributor

Congrats, was just approved for this as well!
FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Wish i had been able to wait a month for these 35k offers. I already had the personal, and just picked up the business version last month. D'oh!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.