Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Schwab Platinum

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Schwab Platinum

Instant approval. My 11th new account in the last 2 years. I think I had 8 EX inquiries over the last 2 years.

I get to try the perks now with a reduced AF. If 100k MRs for $3k spend returns on the proprietary card, I can always get that in the future.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Schwab Platinum

Congrats!  I went the other route from you however, and went for the Investor revolver.  I have the standard Platinum and if you know how to use them, the perks are totally worth it!  And I am not just referring to the airline perks, there are plenty of other doors Platinum concierge can open for you.  You're paying for the privileges, why not use them! LOL

Message 2 of 15
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats! on the new card.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

50 hours from application to delivery.

Message 4 of 15
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Wow! Congrats on the approval!
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval !!

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't seen any other application or approval messages yet for this card - just for the 1.5% cash one. I'd have thought it would be more popular.

Even without an AF reduction, some people must have a closed Platinum and want one again, but also want a bonus with it...

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 8 of 15
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I haven't seen any other application or approval messages yet for this card - just for the 1.5% cash one. I'd have thought it would be more popular.

Even without an AF reduction, some people must have a closed Platinum and want one again, but also want a bonus with it...

I think it would be/will be popular with the right set of people, but the Platinum can be hard to justify for some, and you have to remember this card isn't open to everyone, only people who have Schwab investments.

I'm honestly surprised to see many apps for the 1.5% card, though. No real advantage over any other 1.5% or 2% card, and has to be put into Schwab as opposed to doing what you want with it. Meh.

Message 9 of 15
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.