Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex True Earnings Approval :)

tag
JustMe77
Frequent Contributor

Amex True Earnings Approval :)

I'm so excited, now I can close Zync this year Smiley Happy 

I got the 5-7 message from Discover IT card about 15 minutes before applying for Amex Costco True Earnings, so I'm pretty happy. 

So how do I go about backdating? Is that still something Amex does? 

Is there a quick way to find out my credit limit? 

Current Cards: Banana Republic Visa ($5,300), Chase Freedom ($2,000), Discover It ($11,500), Amex Costco True Earnings ($5,000), Chase Slate ($2,500)
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex True Earnings Approval :)

Way To Go!! Congrats!!

*8/10/13
Message 2 of 13
RhubarbPie
New Contributor

Congrats! I don't use mine very much but I believe the benefits are getting better. I didnt read it carefully, but I got a letter the other day that I think said that some of the bonuses were going up.

If I remember correctly, I was given my number after I applied with a temporary security code (or maybe that was just for delta amex? I can't remember...). If you have your number, you could call and probably get an automated response. Otherwise, you can just call customer service and explain that you don't have your number as you were just approved and Im sure they'll tell you what your credit line is.

Message 3 of 13
ItchyAppFingers
New Contributor

Congrats! Amex will automatically backdate your new card to the previous year you got approved for your Zync card. My new Amex PRG got backdated to the previous year I got my Zync card (Member since 2012) you should call amex customer service to know what your credit limit is. Smiley Happy
My Current Plastic: {Amazon Store Card} {Amazon Visa} {Amex Zync} {Amex Gold PRG} {Amex BCE} {Bloomingdales} {BOA 123 Cash Rewards} {Capital One Platinum Visa} {Chase Freedom Visa} {Discover IT} {Kohls} {Macy's} {Nordstrom} {SonyCard Visa} {Target RedCard}
Message 4 of 13
Enhasa

grats!

I want an AMEX card so bad :[

Waiting for my account statements to be updated to CRAs Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 13
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

Congrats! If there was a costco anywhere close to me i would join just to app for this card
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 6 of 13
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Congrats! my goal card for 2014!

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 7 of 13
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval. This card has been my only itch to apply.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 8 of 13
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Call in to find cl :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 9 of 13
ACsteel
Frequent Contributor

@JustMe77 wrote:

I'm so excited, now I can close Zync this year Smiley Happy 

I got the 5-7 message from Discover IT card about 15 minutes before applying for Amex Costco True Earnings, so I'm pretty happy. 

So how do I go about backdating? Is that still something Amex does? 

Is there a quick way to find out my credit limit? 

1. Backdating is automatic, when you get your new card it will say since and the year of when you joined AMEX.
  2. To find out your credit limit just call them up and they will let you know, or when your card comes in on the interface you will see your credit limit (unlike with the charge cards where you have to play with the spending limit option).

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.