Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex & Venmo Approval

tag
CreditBloke
Valued Member

Amex & Venmo Approval

After a year of not applying to new cards, I came out of the Garden as I pre-qualified and was approved for my first Amex last night. I pulled the trigger and got approved for The Hilton Honors Credit Card; sadly, they gave me the dreaded $1000 SL. Still, I am finally in and am really excited to join the Amex family. The page said I was pre-qualified for the 3 main no longer charge cards (Platinum, Gold, and Green), all of the Hiltons, and Deltas, but they really don't work with my lifestyle as my travel is limited. I usually go for Cashback, cards and I refuse to pay an AF. I want to get an AMEX with membership points down the line for their sweet amazon shop with points deals. 

I am a very suburban dad type consumer. I have no plans on traveling anywhere in the next year via a plane but having a few nights on a card because of a 100K point sign up bonus at a Hampton Inn or lower-ranked Hilton is always ideal, especially since I could always do some regional domestic travel (via car) after I get the vaccine.

After getting approved for the Hilton Honors card, I then saw I finally had a link to apply for the Venmo Credit Card today. I had looked for the link when it was announced but didn't get it at first. I went ahead and applied. $4100 SL with access to $4000 right away.

I have what I believe is a strong relationship with synchrony bank. I have the 2 %Paypal MC 2K CL, Care Credit current 10K Limit, originally had a $600 limit, and Sam's Club (Store Card) current 5K Limit think SL was around $400 it was low, but I used it for weekly gas for a few months, and it grew quickly. I will never use the full amount of that CL, so I paused requesting any CLI because I have enough padding. Since I PIF on all my cards. I will say that my Propel, Paypal, and Sam's were open this last year around this time.  

The only other cards I want are the Chase Amazon Card, the Chase Freedom Flex, and maybe the Bank of America Cash Rewards.

I obviously have to wait until I am under 5/24 for Chase and under the 3/12 Rule BoA, as I do not have a deposit account with BoA.

I plan to spend three years in the garden while focusing on paying off all of my student loans. So when I am done, I will be able to apply for a mortgage then apply for the cards. 

So my current line credit card line up is 

Capital One: 

1. Quicksilver - CL 4550 (No AF)
  2. Savor - CL 2400 (will product change this year to avoid an annual fee (most likely venture one) but only if they won't wave it for the third year; had the 2nd year waived)
  3. Walmart Cash Rewards MC - CL 400 (grew a whopping $100 after 1 year) (NO AF)

Wells Fargo:

1. Wells Fargo Propel - CL 1500 (NO AF)

Discover:

1. Discover It - CL 2K (was prepaid with 200 deposit, but graduated after 7 months & got 200 back) (No AF)

Synchrony Bank:

1. Venmo Credit - CL 4100 (NO AF)
  2. Paypal 2% MC - CL 2K (NO AF)
  3. Care Credit CL - 10K (NO AF)
  4. Sam's Club Store Card - CL 5K (Store Membership Required/Would pay anyway so I consider NO AF others may disagree) 

TD Cards:

1. Target - CL 1K (NO AF)

American Express: 

1. Hilton Honors Credit Card - CL 1K (NO AF) 
Current Cards:

Student Loan Accounts:

Scores as of 7/01/2021:

Inquires as of 7/01/2021:

Average Age of Credit History as of 1/30/2021

* Gardening since 07/01/21. Garden Goal Date is 07/01/23

17 REPLIES 17
Gatortrout
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex & Venmo Approval

Congrats on your approvals!

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditBloke Very nice! Always a great thing to join the AMEX family!!! I was Pre-Approved for the same card, but I'm scared to pull trigger! Lo

Message 3 of 18
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

Congrats! and word of the wise, no more Synchrony cards for you!  Don't poke the hornets nest more than you already have Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 18
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's great!!  Congratulations on your approvals!!

Message 5 of 18
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!
Message 6 of 18
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 7 of 18
mrcraft
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!!

Message 8 of 18
kidink1911
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!! Smiley Happy

PERSONAL: AMEX Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Gold- NPSL / Macy's AMEX Card- $4,500 / SavorOne- $500 / PenFed Gold Visa- $5,000 / Venmo Visa - $20,000 / PayPal MC- $20,000 / PayPal Credit- $1,700 / NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards- $5,800 / AMEX Delta Platinum- $4,200 / NFCU More Rewards AMEX- $3,400 / NFCU Cash Rewards- $4,000 / Credit One Platinum Visa Rewards- $1,000 / Discover IT Chrome- $1,000 / Capital One Venture- $3,550 / AMEX Cash Magnet Card- $1,000 / Belk MC Card- $800 / Citi Shell Mastercard- $400 / Credit One AMEX- $800 / Capital One Spark- $700 / Capital One Platinum- $300 / Citibank Shell- $400 / Oportun Visa- $500 / Fifth Third Bank MC- $300
BUSINESS: American Express Business Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Hilton Honors Business Card- $3,000 / AMEX Delta Platinum Business Card- $3,000 / Marriott Bonvoy Business Card- $3,000 / American Express Business Gold- NPSL / American Express Business Green- NPSL / Sam's Club Business Mastercard- $20,000 / Floor and Decor Pro Premier Business- $20,000 / Phillips 66-Conoco-76 Business Gas Card- $5,000 / Walmart Community Credit Line- $5,000 / Fuelman Mastercard- $3,000 / Amazon Synchrony Business Credit Line- $5,000 / Lowe's Business Credit- $5,000 / Office Depot Commercial Credit- $2,500 / Tractor Supply Company Business- $1,500 / Citi Exxon/Mobil Business Gas Card- $3,000 / Speedway Business Mastercard- $4,500
Message 9 of 18
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on both approvals and good luck with you future card list too!

20201004_074517.gif

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.