Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex approval with BK still reporting!

tag
Scupra
Super Contributor

Amex approval with BK still reporting!

Well, I filed BK7 7/2012 and gave myself some goals to accomplish. Today I can check off another goal I had, American Express Smiley Very Happy I was waiting until 8/01 to give it a go, that way I am a full 5 years post file date. I checked the pre-qual link and it couldn't find anything for me. I finally decided upon the Blue Cash Everyday and hit the submit button on the app. I closed my eyes and finally told myself, "oh well if you get declined, it's one app" when I opened my eyes it was asking me something about adding more cards. I quickly hit skip and finally got an APPROVAL page! I was totally shocked that my SL is $20k, I have been reading that the BK will potentially stop me from getting any CLI's past my SL so I am a happy camper.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex approval with BK still reporting!

@Scupra wrote:

Well, I filed BK7 7/2012 and gave myself some goals to accomplish. Today I can check off another goal I had, American Express Smiley Very Happy I was waiting until 8/01 to give it a go, that way I am a full 5 years post file date. I checked the pre-qual link and it couldn't find anything for me. I finally decided upon the Blue Cash Everyday and hit the submit button on the app. I closed my eyes and finally told myself, "oh well if you get declined, it's one app" when I opened my eyes it was asking me something about adding more cards. I quickly hit skip and finally got an APPROVAL page! I was totally shocked that my SL is $20k, I have been reading that the BK will potentially stop me from getting any CLI's past my SL so I am a happy camper.

Yay!  Same here.  Mine is due to fall off next year so hoping for CLI with them then.  Im fine without it; was just a bummer that I didnt know that until right at my 61 days.  No big though.  I got a $10k SL so I'm cool.  And yes I did try, but thats the reason it was a no.

However $20K would have been cooler Smiley Wink    but my scores arent as high as yours so I assume thats why.

Message 2 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy crap Scupra! Congratufreakinlations! 😀

That CL is no joke! 

Message 3 of 42
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Very nice CL/SL they gave you.. Congrats to you!

Message 4 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scupra wrote:

Your signature needs some updating Smiley Happy

Congrats!!!

Message 5 of 42
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Amazing job on rebuilding ScrupaSmiley Happy Stellar limit and enjoy that monster limit. Im sure many here will be happy for you and the help and inspiration you have provided on the forum. Dont see you much this far north on the forums, but when i do always good things aboundSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 42
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

Yay!  Same here.  Mine is due to fall off next year so hoping for CLI with them then.  Im fine without it; was just a bummer that I didnt know that until right at my 61 days.  No big though.  I got a $10k SL so I'm cool.  And yes I did try, but thats the reason it was a no.

However $20K would have been cooler Smiley Wink    but my scores arent as high as yours so I assume thats why.

Hopefully when the BK drops off you can get a CLI! I would have been happy with a $10k limit as well, was not expecting my SL what so ever! Thank you so much

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 7 of 42
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Justagirl73 wrote:

Holy crap Scupra! Congratufreakinlations! 😀

That CL is no joke! 

Thank you!!! Very excited about it Smiley Happy

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
Message 8 of 42
Scupra
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Very nice CL/SL they gave you.. Congrats to you!

I really thought the SL would be in line with my Chase cards so this is a good surprise! Thank you

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
Message 9 of 42
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

Your signature needs some updating Smiley Happy

Congrats!!!

Fixed Smiley Wink

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
Message 10 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.