Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex approval with a 644 FICO

Congratulations on your approval!!!

Message 11 of 19
MRsolis
Regular Contributor

Thank you again guys. Another thing I forgot to add was that they only pulled my Experian report and I applied for the Amex Everyday Card first. I applied for the Gold Card the same day but they didn't run my credit again, the just used the same inquiry as the one for Amex Everyday.

Also, for some reason there is a collection showing as open and reporting as active every so often which is why it shows my last late was 0.4 years ago. The account is set to fall off this year so I won't bother disputing it unless it doesn't fall off and it seems that even though they are reporting active, my FICO score doesn't seem to get affected. Additionally, Amex didn't really care about that. I have come to learn that Amex likes a good mixure of different accounts and a low utilization. I have seen people with a higher score than me get denied, but they had a higher utilization than me. So that is something to take into consideration. 

Message 12 of 19
marcforza1
Frequent Contributor

@MRsolis wrote:

Thank you again guys. Another thing I forgot to add was that they only pulled my Experian report and I applied for the Amex Everyday Card first. I applied for the Gold Card the same day but they didn't run my credit again, the just used the same inquiry as the one for Amex Everyday.

Also, for some reason there is a collection showing as open and reporting as active every so often which is why it shows my last late was 0.4 years ago. The account is set to fall off this year so I won't bother disputing it unless it doesn't fall off and it seems that even though they are reporting active, my FICO score doesn't seem to get affected. Additionally, Amex didn't really care about that. I have come to learn that Amex likes a good mixure of different accounts and a low utilization. I have seen people with a higher score than me get denied, but they had a higher utilization than me. So that is something to take into consideration. 

I was about to ask you the same question about which one they pulled. I'm hoping that by May or June, with maybe a bump in CL my utilization will be below 15%. The ones I was looking at in the future was the Everyday or the Blue Cash Everyday card.

FICO 8 Scores 12/2017: EX-596; TU-604; EQ-591
Current: EX-648; TU-665; EQ-678
AAoA: 4.4 yrs
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! It definitely feels good to get your foot in the door with AmEx.  And at least it will help your credit profile grow!

Message 14 of 19
MRsolis
Regular Contributor

Best of luck. The Everyday Card gives you membership rewards points and the Blue Cas Card gives you cash back. However, the credit requirements for the BCE are much stricter. I spoke with an Amex rep and they told me my credit would not qualify for the BCE at this time so I would recommend you try for the Amex Everyday because it is easier to get. Amex also has a prequalifier tool on their website that is actuakly accurate. Go to https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/ and scroll down until you see where it says "See if we have any pre-qualified offers for you" and enter your information. This is how I found out I qualified for the Everyday Card and the Gold card because they listed them.

Message 15 of 19
marcforza1
Frequent Contributor

@MRsolis wrote:

Best of luck. The Everyday Card gives you membership rewards points and the Blue Cas Card gives you cash back. However, the credit requirements for the BCE are much stricter. I spoke with an Amex rep and they told me my credit would not qualify for the BCE at this time so I would recommend you try for the Amex Everyday because it is easier to get. Amex also has a prequalifier tool on their website that is actuakly accurate. Go to https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/ and scroll down until you see where it says "See if we have any pre-qualified offers for you" and enter your information. This is how I found out I qualified for the Everyday Card and the Gold card because they listed them.

I checked about two weeks ago just to try it but no pre-qualified offer. That's why I'm waiting a few months before I try to get one. Mainly looked at the most basic cards like the Blue card, Everyday and Plenti as a starter from Amex. But heard alot of good things also about the Blue Cash card. We'll see what happens later this spring. 

FICO 8 Scores 12/2017: EX-596; TU-604; EQ-591
Current: EX-648; TU-665; EQ-678
AAoA: 4.4 yrs
Message 16 of 19
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Congrats OP!!

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool, your in now great job!!!!!!

😁😃<____!!!!!!!!NOIIICE!!!!!!!_____>😃😁

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.