Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex approval!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex approval!!!

I know I am supposed to be gardening with my 18 year old after our Discover and her US Bank approvals but she went ahead and added me as an AU and my score saw an increase. I was so excited I decided to go for the Amex and then I can commit to gardening until next year. I did the prequal and was given Delta, Everyday, and Cash Magnet as preapprovals. Applied for the Everyday and was approved $1000 SL. Any pointers from more experienced Amex users with this card?
Message 2 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I received this message from Amex after prequal and app...

So I called and it was because of the fraud alert. They had to call me back on the number listed on my profile to verify and wham..30 seconds later it came back approved!!!
Message 1 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

NoiceSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 15
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Congrats on the approval!  Use it, pay the statement balance in full prior to the due date, rinse and repeat.

Message 4 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

What K said. Easiest thing in world. Actually use and pay on timeSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex approval!!!

Congrats on the Amex approval!

tenor.gif

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Next question. Should I add my daughter to this one also? She has Discover as an AU $800 SL, Discover $1000 SL, and US Bank 1000 SL. I figure I would advice to go for Amex after she is done gardening. Will her chances increase if they already know her as an AU?
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Amex ED approval! Adding your daughter to a new account won't help much. She should be fine with her existing AU and cards after she garden. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Called back and was approved for the cash magnet. I'm stopping for real this time. Covering myself with dirt and planting myself in the garden
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Called back and was approved for the cash magnet. I'm stopping for real this time. Covering myself with dirt and planting myself in the garden

What was the starting limit for the Cash Magnet?  Also, were you offered sign up bonuses for the EveryDay and Cash Magnet cards?

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.