Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex approvals

tag
ronstar7
Established Contributor

Amex approvals

Hi all,

I just got 2 more amex cards. The Amex Platinum and the Amex everyday. I got the first one by accident so when it comes I will be cancelling it out (rep said I could). The second one was the one I wanted so at least theres that. I confirmed my credit was not pulled for either card. I already had 2 cards with them so I guss they just used their existing relationship to approve becasue they were both instant. Its funny because they refuse to give me an increase of any kind on my Delta but will instead give me 2 brand new cards go figure lol. Anywho just wanted to share.

Have a great day everyone!

Starting scores after BK (Filed 4/18/24) EQ 571 , TU , EX

Current Scores EQ 571 TU EX Goal 700+ across
UTL
Last Inq:
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex approvals

Congrats Op so what ccs did you get approved for and what are the data pts ?
Message 2 of 10
kidink1911
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your two AMEX approvals!

PERSONAL: AMEX Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Gold- NPSL / Macy's AMEX Card- $4,500 / SavorOne- $500 / PenFed Gold Visa- $5,000 / Venmo Visa - $20,000 / PayPal MC- $20,000 / PayPal Credit- $1,700 / NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards- $5,800 / AMEX Delta Platinum- $4,200 / NFCU More Rewards AMEX- $3,400 / NFCU Cash Rewards- $4,000 / Credit One Platinum Visa Rewards- $1,000 / Discover IT Chrome- $1,000 / Capital One Venture- $3,550 / AMEX Cash Magnet Card- $1,000 / Belk MC Card- $800 / Citi Shell Mastercard- $400 / Credit One AMEX- $800 / Capital One Spark- $700 / Capital One Platinum- $300 / Citibank Shell- $400 / Oportun Visa- $500 / Fifth Third Bank MC- $300
BUSINESS: American Express Business Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Hilton Honors Business Card- $3,000 / AMEX Delta Platinum Business Card- $3,000 / Marriott Bonvoy Business Card- $3,000 / American Express Business Gold- NPSL / American Express Business Green- NPSL / Sam's Club Business Mastercard- $20,000 / Floor and Decor Pro Premier Business- $20,000 / Phillips 66-Conoco-76 Business Gas Card- $5,000 / Walmart Community Credit Line- $5,000 / Fuelman Mastercard- $3,000 / Amazon Synchrony Business Credit Line- $5,000 / Lowe's Business Credit- $5,000 / Office Depot Commercial Credit- $2,500 / Tractor Supply Company Business- $1,500 / Citi Exxon/Mobil Business Gas Card- $3,000 / Speedway Business Mastercard- $4,500
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats but I'd maybe talk to another rep. When I got my PRG in December they did an HP and I already have a relationship with them.

Which card will you be cancelling?
Message 4 of 10
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

@ronstar7 wrote:

Hi all,

I just got 2 more amex cards. The Amex Platinum and the Amex everyday. I got the first one by accident so when it comes I will be cancelling it out (rep said I could). The second one was the one I wanted so at least theres that. I confirmed my credit was not pulled for either card. I already had 2 cards with them so I guss they just used their existing relationship to approve becasue they were both instant. Its funny because they refuse to give me an increase of any kind on my Delta but will instead give me 2 brand new cards go figure lol. Anywho just wanted to share.

Have a great day everyone!

I'm in the same boat as u they won't give me a cli either on my Delta Gold will be going for the 80K hilton Honors later this month.

Message 5 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Grats on Amex successSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 10
ronstar7
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats but I'd maybe talk to another rep. When I got my PRG in December they did an HP and I already have a relationship with them.

Well to date no alerts... so Im keeping my fingers crosssed. Also my reports are frozen and hav been for over a year. I only unfreeze when I need to.

UTL
Last Inq:
Message 7 of 10
ronstar7
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you, thinking of cancelling the Platinum, one because I dont see myself spending 4 grand I think it is to get the welcome points in 3 months and second the annual fee is insane! Didnt see that until after I applied.

UTL
Last Inq:
Message 8 of 10
ronstar7
Established Contributor

@Aduke1122 wrote:
Congrats Op so what ccs did you get approved for and what are the data pts ?

Thank you, I got the platinum and the everyday. Platinum- NPSL and Everyday-1,000

UTL
Last Inq:
Message 9 of 10
mortimerwereback
Regular Contributor

Congratulations! Just something about the Amex approvals puts a smile on my face. Smiley Happy

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." -Robert F. Kennedy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.