Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex approved!! but refuse to provide the score

tag
fico_turtle

Amex approved!! but refuse to provide the score

Hi All,

Thank you for all the members. I've learned a lot from the members here, and  I got approved for the Amex TrueEarnings and BCE. YEAH!!!!

I received the card today but couldn't find my credit score. I call and they told me they cannot disclose it. Has anyone had this issue before?

Also, I applied for 2 cards(trueearning s + BCE) around the same time. I received TrueEarnings and was instantly approved but 5-7 day for BCE. Long story short, I recived the BCE approval yesterday. They pulled all  3 credit reports for true Earning but today I received another alert saying Amex pulled my Experain again. Has anyone had a similar situation? I called and they told me they will hard pull everytime I apply for any credit card.

the CL for TrueEarnings: 1200 BCE1000, not much but a good start.

came from 560 FAKO 2 years ago. 

April 2013---TU 685 EQ 671
Goal: 750+
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex approved!! but refuse to provide the score

@fico_turtle wrote:

Hi All,

Thank you for all the members. I've learned a lot from the members here, and  I got approved for the Amex TrueEarnings and BCE. YEAH!!!!

I received the card today but couldn't find my credit score. I call and they told me they cannot disclose it. Has anyone had this issue before?

Also, I applied for 2 cards(trueearning s + BCE) around the same time. I received TrueEarnings and was instantly approved but 5-7 day for BCE. Long story short, I recived the BCE approval yesterday. They pulled all  3 credit reports for true Earning but today I received another alert saying Amex pulled my Experain again. Has anyone had a similar situation? I called and they told me they will hard pull everytime I apply for any credit card.

Congrats on your approvals. AFAIK, they are only required to send you your score if they did not offer you their best rates. I don't have an Amex revolver yet, so I don't have any personal experience. Oh...and welcome to myFICO!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 2 of 14
KausticRage
New Contributor

That is correct.  I tried to get my score also and was told by customer service they could not provide it.  When I asked for my APR they said I received their lowest reate at 12.99% on the BCP.  I was almost hoping I didnt qualify for their best so I could get my FICO Exp score Smiley Very Happy

April 2013 FICO Scores
Experian - 709 Chase Freedom Pull
Equifax - 788 BofA MLB Rewards Pull
Trans Union - 778 (GE Money Bank CLI scores)

In the Garden until at least 2014 to let the new accounts age and HP's fall off. 800 club here I come...
Message 3 of 14
fico_turtle

haha...that's my initial thought too when I app for the 2nd card---BCE. I expect Amex denied my second card so they can send me the EX score......

April 2013---TU 685 EQ 671
Goal: 750+
Message 4 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@fico_turtle wrote:

Hi All,

Weclome to the forums!!!

CONGRATS on your approvals!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 14
boomhower
Valued Contributor

@fico_turtle wrote:

haha...that's my initial thought too when I app for the 2nd card---BCE. I expect Amex denied my second card so they can send me the EX score......

If your already a card holder with Amex additional card apps are only a SP with a denial. They only have to give a score with a hard pull if memory serves. 

Message 6 of 14
TheSpeculator
Regular Contributor

Is that true??

I have PRG and BCE a am aiming at another revolver but don't want the hard inq. A soft would be great.
__
Freedom, Sapphire, Slate - HHonors, PRG, BCE - Cap1 Platinum - Discover IT - Tiffany & Co - Jared - Best Buy Citi -
Message 7 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@indiolatino61 wrote:

@fico_turtle wrote:

Hi All,

Congrats on your approvals. AFAIK, they are only required to send you your score if they did not offer you their best rates. I don't have an Amex revolver yet, so I don't have any personal experience. Oh...and welcome to myFICO!

+1 Congrats on the card and the best terms 

Welcome to the forum

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 14
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@KausticRage wrote:

That is correct.  I tried to get my score also and was told by customer service they could not provide it.  When I asked for my APR they said I received their lowest reate at 12.99% on the BCP.  I was almost hoping I didnt qualify for their best so I could get my FICO Exp score Smiley Very Happy

Seriously perverted.   If you get the best rate, who cares what the score is?

Message 9 of 14
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Wolf: I don't carry a balance, I'd have rather had my score Smiley Wink

I should've checked mine as I didn't get the best APR but my random enhanced / FICO '08 EX score is pretty irrelevant to me currently other than a forum sig line update.

        
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.