Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex blue cash approval, couple days after amex green

tag
score_is_497_hehe
New Contributor

Amex blue cash approval, couple days after amex green

I read a lot about applying for multiple cards at the same time, but I was really hesitant, because for many years my credit was just really bad. 

Sitting here on forum just few minutes ago and reading about stuff, I decided what the heck, went back to amex website selected "your pre-qualifying offers" 

link, typed my name/etc and was presented with 2 choices.

I picked following card and was instantly approved. It didn't say for how much on "Congrats you approved" page, I had to link

this card to my existing amex green profile, then went to my account and selected this card and boom, **bleep**! $5,000 SL! It's my highest limit ever.

Just yesterday I did CLI on my CapOne card for $2k from 1.5 to 3.5k... go figure whats going on.

amex_blue_cash.png

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex blue cash approval, couple days after amex green

Congratulations! Well done!

Message 2 of 15
Shockedimpy
Contributor

Congrats!!

How did you link it to your AMEX online acocunt before you got the card? I cant add it without the physical card.

Message 3 of 15
juniornj23
Established Contributor

Congratulations i have one question is the green card anual fee worth
Amex ED (2000) Amex BCE (2000) Amex macys (5000) Amex Gold , VENTURE (5000) MC PLATINUM (600) CAP QUICKSILVERONE (1250) CAP QUICKSILVER (4500) CAP QUICKSILVER (3500) PENFED AMEX (5000) PENFED CASH REWARDS (25,000) PENDFED REWARDS VISA SIGNATURE (20,000) UPROMISE (1000) NFL (4000) OVERSTOCK (2800) HSN (3200) DISCOVER IT(8500) AMAZON PRIME (10000) MARVEL(7000) BOF VISA(2000) BEST BUY VISA CITI (9000) BLISPAY (9000)Amex Magnet (10,000) Uber (3100)

WELCOME TO 100K CLUB . LAST APP 08/29/18 Credit Score 8 TU 720 EQ 705 EX 724

Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 720
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

CARD I want .
Chase Freedom and US cash +

Now back to the garden until 2020
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats OP!
Message 5 of 15
ddemari
Super Contributor

congrats on your card! nice starting limit! 

Message 6 of 15
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats OP

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! This is a great card and it should grow quickly for you! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 15
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 9 of 15
score_is_497_hehe
New Contributor

"How did you link it to your AMEX online acocunt before you got the card? I cant add it without the physical card."

After approval, they had a block of text that said something like: "We are sending you your new card, in a meantime you can setup online account..", upon clicking that I was presented with Name/Address/4 digit SSN form and "link to my existing account" link, so I clicked that and logged in with my username/password. For both accounts they sent me an email that also has a link to setup online account, looks like this:

For latest card:

amex_email.png

and this is for green card which is my first amex and I didn't have online account when them then:

amex_green_email.png

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.