cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex blue cash preferred approval today after bk7

tag
awm04

Amex blue cash preferred approval today after bk7

I had bk7 discharged 11/2011 due to medical debts and immediately went to work on rebuilding my credit by getting a prepaid credit card and a high interest rate car loan the week after discharge. I refied the car loan after a few months to something reasonable and for several years had 2 secured credit cards through USAA(amex/MC) but they wouldn't upgrade them to unsecured so I eventually opened a capital one venture card with a higher limit(16k) and closed the secured cards.

I also have opened and closed one mortgage and obtained a new mortgage in the past 8 years.

My BK did not include an amex account but did include other credit cards.

Currently my scores range from 740-780.

I checked the amex preapproval site and it said I was prequalified for blue cash everyday( I wanted preferred). 

I also checked creditkarma and it said I had very good approval odds.

So this morning I applied through amex and was approved for a Blue Cash Prefferred with a $16,000 starting limit.

Just wanted to let everyone know a bk is not necessarily a death sentence to AMEX.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex blue cash preferred approval today after bk7

Congratulations 🎊🎈🎉 on your approval and SL. Happy New Year!!

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Amex BCP approval and sweet SL!

Message 3 of 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Yeah AMEX will consider you at 5 yrs post BK, grats on getting in Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 15
tpdtopcop
Regular Contributor

Congrats on approval. Amex will give after a bk but if you bk'd them you will be blacklisted.
Current Scores

Message 5 of 15
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

BCP one of my favorites, and most used.

Strongest SL I have seen for this one!

Message 6 of 15
awm04

Good to know. I also have a venture card with a 16k limit and a local credit union card with a 2500 limit. My income is pretty good and I don't carry more than a 5-10% utilization rate.
Message 7 of 15
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats and Happy New Year!

Message 8 of 15
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 9 of 15
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats OP on your AmX approval and the fantastic SL.  And Kudos to your successful rebuild.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.