Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex cli

tag
fastalkintn
New Contributor

Amex cli

Opened my BCP in 2014 with a sl of $2000. Since then I haven't really "worked" at getting a big cl. I have gotten a couple of small auto cli to a total of $4000. Well last month we went on vacation and long story short ended up being two days late on the payment. This pushed me into the penalty apr. So last night I started a chat and asked about getting that reversed. They reversed the late and penalty apr. While I was chatting I asked about a cli. The csr told me that nothing was showing available but I could request one at anytime. So I felt brave and hit the luv button. When they asked how much I wanted I didn't want to be greedy so I asked for $6000 for a total cl $10,000. Instant approval!! I couldn't believe it. I guess I left some meat on the bone but that's ok. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex cli

Congratulations!! 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 8
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Indeed, you probably left $2k on the table but you still got a great CLI there. Congrats!

Message 3 of 8
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!!! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wow, i think the most amazing part of your story was that they overturned your late and still gave a cli. Ceases to amaze what can be had if you ACTUALLY talk with them lol. Great jobSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 8
fastalkintn
New Contributor

I was honestly surprised by that also. But just to clarify it was two days past the due date not 32 days late. This was the first time I have been one minute late since opening the card, so that may have had something to do with it. 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express likes your profile.  They hate mine, I'm at  stuck @ 2K.  Big congratulations to you.

Message 7 of 8
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.