Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex delta approval. Old Ex score used?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex delta approval. Old Ex score used?

This morning I applied for the delta platinum as I'm planning several trips this year and next. So besides getting my highest SL since starting my rebuild 3 years ago (10K) my other amex are 1k and 3.6k after the 3x increase from 1.2k. But when looking over approval docs I noticed the score they used was nearly a week old as my Ex has updated several payoffs the last 2 days raising my score by almost 10 since the score they said they used. I also have so far had no alerts from Ex about a credit pull. Could this have been a soft pull approval since they just updated their score on the 6th of this month?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Amex delta approval. Old Ex score used?

wrote:
This morning I applied for the delta platinum as I'm planning several trips this year and next. So besides getting my highest SL since starting my rebuild 3 years ago (10K) my other amex are 1k and 3.6k after the 3x increase from 1.2k. But when looking over approval docs I noticed the score they used was nearly a week old as my Ex has updated several payoffs the last 2 days raising my score by almost 10 since the score they said they used. I also have so far had no alerts from Ex about a credit pull. Could this have been a soft pull approval since they just updated their score on the 6th of this month?

First off congrats on the approval! And to answer your question that is correct. With some rare stragglers here and there it's been AMEX's recent policy to SP any current cardholders when processing applications.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well then that's awesome.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval.  Regarding the credit scores, it is not unusual for the EX FICO scores used by Amex underwriting to be about a month older than the scores displayed in your Amex account or even your own pulls from other sources.  The upside is that from the approval letter you know approximately when Amex underwriting pulls your credit each month and can now time any other applications appropriately.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.