Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex denied - Thin Credit file - Update: approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex denied - Thin Credit file - Update: approved

@Anonymous wrote:

In December of 2018 I applied for the discover secured credit card. I got approved with a $400 limit. For the next few months I used the card and slowly built my credit up a bit. I've read a few threads on this forum of people with thin credit files getting approved for credit cards after six months. So this past saturday (June 22) I checked Amex prequalified page and saw I was prequalified for the delta gold. I thought that I'd go ahead a try my luck on the Amex green card. I got instantly denied based on my thin file and a pull of my credit score being 749. I wanted to ask. What's the next best step to diversifying my credit profile ? 

So you went from no credit history to a 749 FICO 8 score in six months with one secured card?

Maybe it happens a lot, but this is the first time I've read of such a great score in so little time! You're doing great! Congratulations on your Amex approval!

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

In December of 2018 I applied for the discover secured credit card. I got approved with a $400 limit. For the next few months I used the card and slowly built my credit up a bit. I've read a few threads on this forum of people with thin credit files getting approved for credit cards after six months. So this past saturday (June 22) I checked Amex prequalified page and saw I was prequalified for the delta gold. I thought that I'd go ahead a try my luck on the Amex green card. I got instantly denied based on my thin file and a pull of my credit score being 749. I wanted to ask. What's the next best step to diversifying my credit profile ? 

So you went from no credit history to a 749 FICO 8 score in six months with one secured card?

Maybe it happens a lot, but this is the first time I've read of such a great score in so little time! You're doing great! Congratulations on your Amex approval!

Yeah, My secured discover is my first card. I used it heavily over these past 6 months. Constantly paying it down and zeroing out my balance most months. With the occasional balance being left a few months unintentionally. Thanks for the welcome.

Message 12 of 14
WowCool
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on your recon!!!!     Welcome to the Amex family !!! 

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the successful recon and new Amex card!

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.