Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex double approval (SP so far)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex double approval (SP so far)

I recently applied for both the Amex Platinum (Ameriprise version) and the Delta Blue, both were automatic approvals.

I saw I was pre approved for both of them and I decided to apply at the same time starting with the Platinum. I've two Amex cards (Delta Gold for 1.5 years and the Blue Cash for almost a year).

Only 3 years of credit history 

Total CL $25000

Utilization 8%

AAoA 1yr

Score 729

Income $21000

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
chaos51
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex double approval (SP so far)

Congrats, Captain!

Total Revolving Credit Limit: $306,900
Pay Over Time Limit: $85,000
Fico 8 Scores: Ex: 751, TU 751, EQ 741
Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Please update us on wheather they stay SP's. I've heard they soft pull on denial and hard pull upon approval, but i may just be confused

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

Congratulations! Please update us on wheather they stay SP's. I've heard they soft pull on denial and hard pull upon approval, but i may just be confused

It seems like lately it has been SPs for existing members with AMEX. Not sure, if that is standard for everyone or just favorable profiles. 

Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on approvals. I think it is soft pull on second card when you get them within a month of each other.
Message 5 of 24
jl4
Established Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:
Congrats on approvals. I think it is soft pull on second card when you get them within a month of each other.

I had applied for a BCE and was approved instantly. When I did my HH a day later, they did a 2nd HP.

EQ8: 779 (Inq: 1) | TU8: 771 (Inq: 0) | EX8: 763 (Inq: 4)
Total Rev: $182,500
Message 6 of 24
kuku4koco
Frequent Contributor

I recently (last Saturday) applied for my 2nd Amex, after 6 months from the 1st one (through my account on their website)... My reports are also frozen... I received the famous 14 day message... Monday at Noon, I received an email that I was Approved.

I waited for them to call me for a one time use pin... Nope they never called.

So far it's only been a Soft Pull.

EQ: 731 TU: 705 EX: 715

Cap1 QS: 9k USBank: 7k Amex BCE: 14.1k BoA: 8k Discover: 4.4k CareCredit: 12k *Various Store Cards: 18.7k
Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

What I've read is that when you are an Amex cardholder you get a SP for denials and HP for approval. They also combine one HP for two applications on the same day (a revolver and a charge card).
Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, that's what I had read too, but I also read of a few that were only SPs so who knows. I still haven't received an alert for a HP. My account already shows the Platinum but not the Delta Blue, so I still don't know my CL.
Message 9 of 24
jl4
Established Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:
Thanks, that's what I had read too, but I also read of a few that were only SPs so who knows. I still haven't received an alert for a HP. My account already shows the Platinum but not the Delta Blue, so I still don't know my CL.

My HPs showed up almost the same day so if you haven't seen a 2nd one and you were approved for the DB, I'd bet you won't see it at all. 

EQ8: 779 (Inq: 1) | TU8: 771 (Inq: 0) | EX8: 763 (Inq: 4)
Total Rev: $182,500
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.