Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex double approval (SP so far)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex double approval (SP so far)

Hi PlyrStar93, thank you for the reply. Correction I upgraded from BCC to BCP last Sat/Sun (midnight,lol). So, they don't provide a fine print whether it is a SP or HP if I apply from their website through the card offer or through the e-mail link they sent me? I am trying to get a mortgage loan either this month or next month once my credit report is being corrected. Maybe I should wait a bit but hearing all these good news of SP making my fingers itching to apply for another Amex card with SP approval.

Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I don't like to speak to the agent either not that they are unfriendly or anything. It is just I don't want make to make myself sounds desperate to apply for a card when speaking to them or they will reject me. Two weeks ago the automated system gave me the $4000 increased CLI to $19800.. (wish it was above $20k but I entered the wrong amount instead of $5000 request)

Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

So, they don't provide a fine print whether it is a SP or HP if I apply from their website through the card offer or through the e-mail link they sent me?

That's correct. No fine print language indicating SP or HP, just "authorize" them to to obtain a report of you.

@Anonymouswrote:

I am trying to get a mortgage loan either this month or next month once my credit report is being corrected. Maybe I should wait a bit but hearing all these good news of SP making my fingers itching to apply for another Amex card with SP approval.

Probably a better idea getting the mortgage taken care of first. New accounts, even without HP, will still reduce your AAoA and may lower your score. New account itself can also be viewed as potential risk by creditors. Wish you all the best on the mortgage.

Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi PlyrStar93, Thank you so much for your advice! I wish I could give you 5 kudos for replying. Thank you for the wishes to for the mortage loan. I will try to be patient and use the 61 days 3x CLI with Amex after getting the loan. 

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.