Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex gold ** Update Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex gold ** Update Approved

Hi guys,

I'm interested in getting the Amex gold card, so I applied a few days ago and got declined for having a current balance in relation to my credit limit that was too high. My current balance was high a few days prior to applying but I did pay it off two days before applying. I called to recon and the rep told me that it may result in a hard inquiry so I opted out. I'm already an amex member (amex delta gold), before i applied for the gold it said "expanding your membership...". I checked today and it said I was pre-approved, so I applied again but my application was cancelled. Has anyone had a similar situation? Should I just wait a month or two and apply again?

My data points: FICO EX: 733

AAoA: 6 months AoOA: 9 months

3 revolvers

4 inquiries on EX (the two apps were SPs)

Thanks!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex gold

If you double app for a particular product say within 30-90 days it will cancel the app since the other one hasn't expired.  Just hit them up and haave them reconsider it.  With the payment and lower balance it should be an easy approval.  Most of the time the HP is just a disclosure that they have to say and you don't actually get a HP in the review process.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just called and they approved it!

Thanks a lot!!

Message 3 of 11
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks a lot!!

Congratulations. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!

Enjoy your perks Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

Congrats!  Just got mine in the mail yesterday.

Message 6 of 11
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks a lot!!

Congrats! Great charge card

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 7 of 11
drboxing
Established Contributor

Was very good advice

Message 8 of 11
drboxing
Established Contributor

Congratulations

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks a lot!!

Woohoo, congrats! Enjoy it. Reconning to an approval is such an amazing feeling Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.