cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex is my new buddy! PRG 50K / $1K Spend Approvals Back to back!

tag
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

Amex is my new buddy! PRG 50K / $1K Spend Approvals Back to back!

Little background, coming from a rebuilding process since last june. Started with scores of 500's across the board and now up to 700-730 range. Started with $500 secured credit card and now $60K unsecured. Couple days ago received a mail offer Citi Diamond preferred an last night checked their website for pre approvals and gave me simpliciti card with fixed apr. So i decided to pull the trigger and was an instant denial. Tried the mail offer and found out from customer service that the app did not go thru as they only allow one app per day. Went to chase amazon and applied and got the 30 day message.

I was approved for Amex BCE in december after several denials thru out the rebuilding process, and had applied for Delta Skymiles on the same day as bce and was declined. I decided to pull the trigger again since i had a card with them for a while, and used it heavily and paid it off. After filling out the application form in incognito mode, the application took forever and finally said system was down and asked me to reapply later. Waited a little and checked the status website and it was approved Smiley Happy 

I said what the hell and decided to go for a charge card. Been looking for the PRG 50K miles/$1K spend offer for a while and but i was nt able to find it, so i apped for the lovely Green Card and was an instan approval. Traveling overseas every year and not being able to get the PRG, i was a little sad, but to have added 2 more amex to my account.

This morning, i checked for the prg again in incognito and boom 50K miles/$1000 spend offer right in front of me! So mad at myself for apping for the green card, and not knowing if i could get 3 cards in less than 24 hours with amex, i said go for it, submitted the application and it went to pending. Called Amex right away to tell them if needed i could close the green card and get the prg only. The rep was very nice, i made him laugh by saying i would kick myself in the head if the app is not approved due to being a second charge card as the offer popped up hours after getting approved for the green card. He checked the application and said the only reason it went to pending was because first they wanted to make sure it is not a duplicate application, and 2 that it was me applying for the card. I though he would say it will be in review and i should wait to hear from them, but to my suprise he said, let me process this for you, asked for the home address etc. and he said Congrats, i will expedite your card and you will receive it in 3 business days.

Thanks to everyone in this forum for all the help and the knowledge i have been getting for the past year. It would have been impossible without you guys!

amex approvals.gif

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex is my new buddy! PRG 50K / $1K Spend Approvals Back to back!

Congrats! I got approved for 3 myself this week. The Green Charge, Delta Gold Skymiles, and HHilton Honors. I was shocked I got those. Glad you got what you wanted.
Message 2 of 11
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats! I got approved for 3 myself this week. The Green Charge, Delta Gold Skymiles, and HHilton Honors. I was shocked I got those. Glad you got what you wanted.

Yeah it was kinda interesting to app for the green card 4 am and see the PRG offer at 8 am. My BCE is $1K limit , so i think they matched the limit of bce on the Delta skymiles and started me with $1K. Now i will put bce in the SD and push Delta and the PRG to meet the spending requirements to get the 50K and the 35K bonuses Smiley Happy

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

So How many hp you got since youngot approved for 3 cards in 2 days? Do they count as 1? Anyways , congratz Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 11
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@Jimmy420 wrote:

So How many hp you got since youngot approved for 3 cards in 2 days? Do they count as 1? Anyways , congratz Smiley Happy

That's a good question, i am waiting to see if i get any alerts from my credit monitoring services. So far i have not received any HP alert yet. As soon as i do, i will update it here.

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@KSK1912 wrote:

@Jimmy420 wrote:

That's a good question, i am waiting to see if i get any alerts from my credit monitoring services. So far i have not received any HP alert yet. As soon as i do, i will update it here.

Yeah i remembered when i got my prg approved last year and i received the alert on my EXP app in 15 mins later lol.. Please post the updates . Thanks 

Message 6 of 11
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@Jimmy420 wrote:

@KSK1912 wrote:

@Jimmy420 wrote:

Yeah i remembered when i got my prg approved last year and i received the alert on my EXP app in 15 mins later lol.. Please post the updates . Thanks 

Could not wait and pulled 3b on myfico and i got only 1 hp for all 3 accounts. That's not bad at all, and no hit to my fico score probably due to a thick file.

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on some very nice approvals, KSK! You have done very well Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 11
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations on some very nice approvals, KSK! You have done very well Smiley Happy

Thanks humu...

I was mad for being turned down by citi, and then did something very stupid and cold apped for motorola credit by comenity which had absolutely no purpose, and got turned down by them too Smiley Happy Chase was 30 days, but now it says 7-10 days so i know it will be a denial becuase of my uti at the moment. So The 3 cards from amex cheered me up Smiley Happy Especially with an upcoming overseas trip with possibly delta or a partner, 50K + 35K bonus miles will come very handy...

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantastic, congrats on your success !!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.