cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex love affair and 3X Cli on Amex Everyday.

tag
Howaboutthat
Frequent Contributor

Amex love affair and 3X Cli on Amex Everyday.

Amex seems to really like me these day, they send me emails that I'm pre approved for the platinum, gold & green card and others. My super clean file must have finally come through to them. My f8s and f9s are above 770 with the exception of Tu which sits at 766.

Amex really was cautious with me at first with with my Everyday card sitting at $2000 so I went for a cli, approved for $6000(I may have left some money on the table) 

BCP business is sitting at $15000 and BCP is sitting $2000 ans will ask for 3X cli next. 

My biggest drawback is my income of $85000 which I'm not sure supports the the platinum, gold cards. 
My utilization is 11%. 

anyhow I guess I'm glad we're having an affair. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Stealth-1
Established Contributor

Re: Amex love affair and 3X Cli on Amex Everyday.

Congrats on the 3X CLI and your new "love affair" with AMEX. 👍

Best of luck for when you request the CLI on the Blue Business and BCP cards.

"If you don't stand for something, you might fall for anything."
Message 2 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Howaboutthat wrote:

Amex seems to really like me these day, they send me emails that I'm pre approved for the platinum, gold & green card and others. My super clean file must have finally come through to them. My f8s and f9s are above 770 with the exception of Tu which sits at 766.

Amex really was cautious with me at first with with my Everyday card sitting at $2000 so I went for a cli, approved for $6000(I may have left some money on the table) 

BCP business is sitting at $15000 and BCP is sitting $2000 ans will ask for 3X cli next. 

My biggest drawback is my income of $85000 which I'm not sure supports the the platinum, gold cards. 
My utilization is 11%. 

@Howaboutthat,

Congrats on the 3x CLISmiley Happy

I have seen people with a lot less "income of $85000" get the Gold and Platinum.

IMO, that is more than sufficient to get those.

I was issued a American Express GOLD charge card in June 1983 at the young age of around 19(ish)

My Income back then was $11.50 an hour at Job #1 and $10 an hour at Job #2

I also had a Mortgage payment of around $1200+(ish) and a New Car loan of around $331(ish)

So my DTI was, NO paycheck left at the end of the month, but still had checks.Smiley Very Happy

Back then (early 1980's), AmEx also issued me a GREEN charge card,

and a Optima revolving credit card. (cannot remember the credit limit)

Message 3 of 12
bigseegar
Established Contributor

@Howaboutthat wrote:

My utilization is 11%. 

LOL, don't sweat that if you want the cards and can justify the AF's. The Gold and Platinum aren't the exclusive cards they were long ago. I know folks with a 600 Credit score that only make $25K a year and have both the Gold and Plat smh.

Message 4 of 12
markhs777
Regular Contributor

@Howaboutthat wrote:

My utilization is 11%. 

Getting a an Amex Platinum is really not difficult. Your income more than supports acquiring one providing everything else is good. Many revolving cards have more stringent requirements. Amex will be more than happy to take your $700 a year fee.

Message 5 of 12
KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your AMEX EveryDay 3X CLI

Message 6 of 12
nytokyobred79
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the love affair. Here's to hoping for permancy on all the goodness 😅

Avoided credit cards after ruining my financial health but got back into the game in 2019 after a 20 year hiatus
Total Revolving CL- $205, 500 | Order of Opened Cards
Delta SkyMiles Blue- SL-$1K | CL- $22.6K
(pc'd from SkyMiles Platinum back to Blue)
Delta SkyMiles Reserve- SL- $10K | CL- $20K
Chase Sapphire Reserve- SL $20K | CL- $39K
Cap 1 Venture Rewards- SL $10K | CL $ 20.5K
Amex Everyday Preferred- SL $13.1K | CL $10K ( moved some limits around )
Chase Freedom Unlimited: SL $23.4K| CL $36.8K
BOA Unlimited Cash SL: $20.8K| CL $10.8K(moved some limits around)
BOA Travel Rewards SL: $20.8K | CL $5.8K(moved some limits around)
Amex Blue Cash Everyday SL: $10K
Amex Green Card: NPSL / POT: 17K
BOA BankAmericard: SL: $5K | CL: $30K
Message 7 of 12
Stealth-1
Established Contributor

@nytokyobred79 wrote:

Congrats on the love affair. Here's to hoping for permancy on all the goodness 😅

As with all love affairs things can go 0-100 for the good or bad quickly, haha. Let's hope AMEX keeps giving CLIs, and never CLDs or worse. 🍻

Message 8 of 12
Stealth-1
Established Contributor

@bigseegar wrote:

LOL, don't sweat that if you want the cards and can justify the AF's. The Gold and Platinum aren't the exclusive cards they were long ago. I know folks with a 600 Credit score that only make $25K a year and have both the Gold and Plat smh.

@bigseegar - Exactly. AMEX still gets that AF either way and literally holds the cards. No pun intended, haha.

Message 9 of 12
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Amex 3X CLI!

I have seen community members with a quarter of your income get approved for Amex charge cards. If you want one, go for it.

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.