Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex weird day. Denied gold card, approved platinum just minutes apart

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex weird day. Denied gold card, approved platinum just minutes apart

@GeorgiaBulldog wrote:

0 out your airline credit early on by buying gift cards with the airline of your choice. Platinum is cute, but unless you're in the air, that card isn't going to do you much good. It is a travel card, plain and simple. 

This is no longer good advice--Amex has pretty effectively shut down the giftcard loophole on all airline credits.

I stand corrected. Just read up on that, thanks for the heads up! 

Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Received my platinum card today , just one day after apping! It’s nice too!
Message 22 of 24
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That was fast!

AU

Message 23 of 24
zerofire
Valued Contributor

@SEAlifer wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That was fast!

You do know that they overnight those now right? Once you get to the top tier at the bank where MasterCard World Elite, Visa Infinite, or AmEx Platinum reign they are sent out posthaste overnight, usually FedEx.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.