Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An email from Discover

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

An email from Discover

My heart went thump, thump, thump. I got an email from Discover and the subject line was, "Regarding Your Recent Credit Line Increase Request." The first thing that came to mind was, "Oh no, are they asking for a 4506-T?"

So, before opening the email, I mentally went through scenarios:

• Will I provide one? What a dilemma.
  • I want my $22.2K Discover card.
  • I dont want to lose Discover if I don't comply. I want to do a BT end of January before my offer expires.

So, the answer I came to was that I would surrender one since there's no family information on my tax forms that I need to be concerned about, no medical information, no investments, etc. Actually, with the exception of my mortgage interest deduction, my 1040 is quite boring. 

So, the decision was made and I opened the email. 

(Mod cut-upon close examination your personal info is still legible, you can repost the email after it is completely blacked out)

Wipe sweat from brow 😂. Whew! The things we take ourselves through. Well, at least now I know what my decision will be if I'm confronted with this. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
lmhenry1
Contributor

Re: An email from Discover

Congratulations 🎊🍾🎈 on the large increase. I agree the mind can be our best friend or worse enemy especially when jumping to conclusions and scenarios in our head.
American Express BCP - $30,000

NFCU More Rewards Amex $25,000

BOA Cash Rewards VISA Signature $25,000

Advantage Aviator Red World Mastercard - $15,150

Southwest Priority Rapid Rewards - $15,000

Chase Freedom -$8,400
Wells Fargo Propel Amex - $7,500
Total CL - $126,050

Future Goals Chase Trifecta
A Discover Card to have as a compliment to Chase Freedom Card
Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 3 of 28
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Excellent on getting the increase!
Message 4 of 28
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@lmhenry1 wrote:
Congratulations 🎊🍾🎈 on the large increase. I agree the mind can be our best friend or worse enemy especially when jumping to conclusions and scenarios in our head.

Thanks Imhenry1. The mind is an amazing thing. Smiley Wink

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 5 of 28
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Haha congrats CISmiley Happy The thing is after you get an increase , these emails are abit delayed. I usually get them 3 or 4 days after the initial increaseSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 28
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your increase. If you're worried about your personal details btw, I can still see the areas you painted over 

(can still see your name and last 4 of card) Try using mspaint and the crop feature instead with a box. It will completely delete that area.

Message 7 of 28
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!!!

Message 8 of 28
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your mod cut!
Message 9 of 28
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on what happened which I believe is good news Smiley Tongue!!

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.