cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

And suddenly, I’m in the AmEx family - two for one approvals :)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

And suddenly, I’m in the AmEx family - two for one approvals :)

I was thinking back to the thread from brian_earl_spilner a little while back, where he never saw preapprovals for AmEx and decided to cold app on a whim for the Delta Skymiles, and got it. I remember him saying his score was right in the same range as mine too. Same situation for me, so I figured I’d try it too. I can spare the HP for the potential upside. Cold-apped and got in. It has the basic $1k limit but I’m ok with that as I have a larger Disco IT and I know the tendency for AmEx to climb. I wanted in and today I got it Smiley Happy

For a couple of data points, they pulled Experian as expected, which today sat at 627 at the time of the pull, and my overall utilization is just under 50% across all cards together. As seen in post #3 below, an hour or so later I pulled the trigger on the Hilton Honors card and got that too. Im kind of surprised at the double approval but I’m not gonna complain by any means Smiley Happy

Time to head to the search bar to read up on everything AmEx and see how best to take advantage of all this bank offers.
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
Malcono
Regular Contributor

Re: And suddenly, I’m in the AmEx family :)

Congrats and welcome to the family!

Total Credit: $107,000Utilization: 1%AAoA: 2yrs, 4mthsAoOA: 3yrs, 1mthAoYA: 1yrs, 10mthsBaddies: 0

Message 2 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well hell, this day isn’t bad at all. I figured since I have some travel coming soon, why not look at the AmEx Hilton Honors card while I’m poking around my account, since when we travel, we prefer staying at Hampton Inns when possible. Apped it and got that one too. This day is looking up for sure!
Message 3 of 38
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

CONGRATS222222222.gif

Message 4 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Your file/DP's look a lot like mine. Any baddies??

Message 5 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely welcome to the family but definitely hold off on any more apps for at least several more months.
Message 6 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, I’m very happy to be in Smiley Happy

TRC, most definitely gardening now and paying down balances across my line, and I get to kick a couple to the curb soon too. AmEx was the only one I really wanted to get in with anyhow so I’m set and will wait until I can go for a BCE or Cash Magnet next year.

I have two collection accounts still showing on EX, both are paid and at least one will be falling off shortly.
Message 7 of 38
Noneed2nv
Regular Contributor

Congrats on both cards!  

Image result for congrats gif

Message 8 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Welcome to Fam!👌🏾

I finally got in yesterday. I too cold app'd, pre-qual simply didn't work for me, at all, ever 😂

Best wishes, and I'm sure we're all looking forward to hearing about your growth ! Hope you're considering the 3x @ 61.
Message 9 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

n_la, congrats to you too. Rest assured, I’ve been versing myself on the ins and outs of the 3x for awhile now lol. Looking forward to that opportunity for sure.
Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.