That is way excellent.

Message 11 of 27
MartyWrite75
Valued Contributor

Re: (Another) 2.5x Apple Card CLI!

Congratulations on your CLI! 

April 2024: Experian 772; Equifax 779; Transunion 781

Cards I Have:
Cap One QS: $600 (Sock drawer) || Cap One QS (#2): $6,200 (Sock drawer) || Discover It: $11,400 || Cap One Walmart: $600 (Sock drawer) || AMEX BCP: $8,900 || Amazon Prime Store Card: $10,000 || FNBO Rewards Visa: $2,600 || Discover Cash Back: $5,500 || Citi Custom Cash: $9,500 || Verizon VS Visa: $10,000 || Amex Hilton Honors: $10,000 || Amazon (Chase) Prime Rewards (VS): $9,500

Wishlist Cards:
Paypal Mastercard || Bread Mastercard

Gardening to 10/2024(ideally)
Total Utilization: 11%
Inquiries: Exp: (1) Trans: (0) Equif: (0)

Message 12 of 27
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your Apple CLI!!

Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrat to OP to work his way up to get a respectable CL but its so shameful that a bank such as GS could give SL like $450...I was expecting a better geneousity from GS...bad...bad...bad...

Message 14 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

congrat to OP to work his way up to get a respectable CL but its so shameful that a bank such as GS could give SL like $450...I was expecting a better geneousity from GS...bad...bad...bad...

@Anonymous - GS is a bank, not a charity organization. Even in the very beginning when the Apple Card was launched, it was not unusual to see approvals in the $250 range for individuals with very thin profiles. They're not the only game in town. Larger banks such as Chase and BoA have been known to dish out limits in the $250 range as well. Nothing new.

Message 15 of 27
greatscott85
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations! 

Message 16 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous - GS is a bank, not a charity organization. Even in the very beginning when the Apple Card was launched, it was not unusual to see approvals in the $250 range for individuals with very thin profiles. They're not the only game in town. Larger banks such as Chase and BoA have been known to dish out limits in the $250 range as well. Nothing new.

if not the charity organization then why they gave out big big automatic CLI to 40 % of their members just yesterday alone and many of those members have had their account opened less than a month ago with extra thin profile??  

Now please spare your info on whether or not banks are charity organisations given Im too long in this..probably longer than you...I could understand Cap1 which is well known to milk out from those who have no credit or extremely thin profile but GS wasnt known for this...

Message 17 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

if not the charity organization then why they gave out big big automatic CLI to 40 % of their members just yesterday alone and many of those members have had their account opened less than a month ago with extra thin profile??  

Now please spare your info on whether or not banks are charity organisations given Im too long in this..probably longer than you...I could understand Cap1 which is well known to milk out from those who have no credit or extremely thin profile but GS wasnt known for this...

Sorry, but I have a lot more experiences than you can probably count 😂 and bottom line, unless you are well-versed in the financial markets or are familiar with folks that run these institutions, then you'd understand. At the end of the day, this was a well-known process when GS branched out into the consumer lending sector with the Apple Card.  Just go research various blogs (including here on MF), they weren't known initially to yield massive CLs for everyone. Different lending models and lots of folks have documented their growth experiences with the product.

At any rate, the OP has made some admirable progress since they got the card and whether they were approved for $450 or $10K, the approval is what counts. 

Message 18 of 27
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

If $450 is awful, check this posting on the Reddit Applecard sub forum:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AppleCard/comments/palq8n/i_bet_no_one_got_an_offer_like_me/

Message 19 of 27
bilwilvegas
Regular Contributor

Congratulations on the 2.5X CLI!  That is a great feeling I bet!

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.