Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Amazon Store CC CLI

tag
Makingstrides
Valued Member

Re: Another Amazon Store CC CLI

Awesome job on the CLI! I've been toying with the idea of requesting a CLI on the Amazon card myself. I heard that they do a hard pull before considering the request. Any truth to that?

Gardening Since 03/2018

Message 11 of 21
Talonwildstar
Frequent Contributor

Woo hoo that’s wonderful news! Congrats Smiley Happy
AmEx BCE 20k | PNC visa 10k | Synchrony 2% MC 9.3k | LLBean Citi MC 6k | PNC points signature visa 15k | CapOne QS1 1.8.k | Citi DC. 7.750k | Discover it. 7k | Am Ex Gold | Kohl’s. $3k | Amazon Store. 10k | Overstock. 13.6k | Boscovs. 14k | Best Buy S.C. 2.8k | Home Depot 2k | Total CL 149,000 | PNC personal loan 7500 down to 6200 | Oldest credit 4yr 8 months , newest 1/2020 | *1% card utilization only 1 inquiry on Experian 0 on others

As of 05/03/22
Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Makingstrides, it was a soft pull.
Message 13 of 21
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

Dommie--

My scores are in the 610s

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the CLI. The Amazon card used to be my hardest Sync account to grow. That honor now goes to Paypal MasterCard. I remember reading  to call Credit Solutions but that still yielded nothing for me. Just keep at it, and with time you'll continue your growth on this card as well.

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hockeypnc1,
Hmm...I applied for the Amazon card twice last year. The first time I was denied and my scores were higher than 610s. I was probably in the 660s when I was approved for $1200. I think they approved me the second time mainly because I was approved for other cards by then, my highest limit being $6000 (revolving credit). By the time I hit the luv button for Amazon I had at least a 3-month history with other retail cards as well. Do you have other cards with higher limits? Either way, I would suggest you grow your credit profile in other places (PIF every month) and then come back to the Amazon card in a few months. I know it can be frustrating, but if there is one thing I have learned from this board is time makes a difference.
Message 16 of 21
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Hockeypnc1 wrote:

Just tried to CLI from $200 limit to $1000, was denied and said letter coming in the mail in 7-10 days. I have had the card for about 15 months with no increases. I used the card wisely and carried a balance when I first got it, but then paid it off fully ever since. Not sure why they wouldn't up my line. 

Sorry to hear. What are your scores? 

Scores are:

635 Transunion (as of 1-17-19 from Discover FICO)

648 Experian (as of 2-21-19 from Experian FICO Score 8 via their free app)

597 Equifax (as of 2-20-19 from CreditKarma FAKO score)

Message 17 of 21
Hockeypnc1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@Hockeypnc1,
Hmm...I applied for the Amazon card twice last year. The first time I was denied and my scores were higher than 610s. I was probably in the 660s when I was approved for $1200. I think they approved me the second time mainly because I was approved for other cards by then, my highest limit being $6000 (revolving credit). By the time I hit the luv button for Amazon I had at least a 3-month history with other retail cards as well. Do you have other cards with higher limits? Either way, I would suggest you grow your credit profile in other places (PIF every month) and then come back to the Amazon card in a few months. I know it can be frustrating, but if there is one thing I have learned from this board is time makes a difference.

I have a ton of cards, mostly from the Shopping Cart Trick

I have 3 major credit cards

Discover IT--just got it down to $664 from about $1500 out of a $2,200 limit--it felt good to make a big payment

UW Credit Union Visa--at $753 out of $1500 limit

DCU Credit Union--I just got this card last month, $0 out of $3000 credit limit

Then many store cards

Overstock--$338 out of $1,130

Menards (Cap1)--$0 out of $500

Amazon--$0 out of $200

Care Credit--$0 out of $4,500

Century21--$0 out of $400

Venus--$0 out of $250

Old Navy--$0 out of $200

NY & Company--$0 out of $250

BrynLn and Home--$0 out of $250

Vic Secret--$0 out of $350

Williams Sonoma--$0 out of $1500

J Crew--$0 out of $250

KingSize--$0 out of $250

As you can see I have a ton of cards I never touch. I made a few small purchases on the Old Navy card and then paid it off. Some small purchases on the Menards card and carried a balance for a few months before paying it off. I bought a re-furbished laptop on the Overstock card and am still paying that sucker off and the others are just collecting dust with small limits, besides the CareCredit which has a nice limit.

Message 18 of 21
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats on your increase 

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hockeypnc1, seems you are doing the right things. I don't know how long you've had your current major cards, but if longer than a year, and if you can take the hard pulls, I'd try to garner CLI with the cards you have and/or just give it more time. Cap1 is also very good about credit limits. I started with them last spring with scores in the low 600s and they gave me a $3000 limit to start and after 5 payments promised to bring me to $3500. After 5 payments, they actually brought me to a limit of $6000. I also wonder if you just want to close the low limit cards you aren't using if you've had them longer than  year and no cli. I have quite a few Comenity Cards: Victoria's Secret ($500 cl), NY&Co ($400 cl), Express ($1000 cl), Overstock ($2900 cl) and Pottery Barn($1500 cl) and have recieved cli on NY&Co (auto $300--->$400), (Overstock requested ($2100--->$2900). I only have balances on Overstock (bought two rugs at 0% interest) and Express. Victoria's Secret is the oldest card of the bunch and I got that last May. After getting the Victoria's Secret card and the NY&Co card, Comenity has been more generous with credit limits for me. If cl's weren't consistently going up as time went on, these cards wouldn't be worth it and I would fear that keeping cards with such low cl's would be keeping the rest of my credit profile down. I am also done with Comenity cards. I won't be getting any more. The cards I have are actually for stores I use. I'm certainly no expert, but my instinct is to get rid of those Comenity cards if there isn't hope for limit increases. Maybe someone else will have a different, more informed perspective. 

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.