cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Capital One CLI! !!This time an increase of 4K!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another Capital One CLI! !!This time an increase of 4K!

Background: I opened my Capital One Quicksilver One card in February of this year with a SL of $500 and requested an increase in April. I was automatically approved for a $1,000 increase. 

Fast foward to last Saturday night (7/11/15) I decided to try for another CLI because I was nearly maxing out every month on my $1,500 credit line. I needed the ability to make more purchases as well as keep my utilization down. I applied online and received the 2 -3 business day notice. So Monday (7/13) I e-mailed the EO stating my request, my desired increase ($4,000), and reasoning for that desired increase. Yesterday (7/15) I received a call from a very nice woman from the executive office.

She asked me a few questions, verified some information, and told me she would be sending my request to the underwriters. She said I would hear something back in 7-10 business days. This morning (7/16) I logged into my account and my credit limit is now $5,500! I am beyond happy with the quality of customer service and the quick turnaround. I'm also enrolled in the credit steps program.  I am due for an automatic incease after my 5th payment. I just made my 5th payment a few days ago and my statement closes tomorrow! I'm curious to see if I'll get that increase as well. I would assume yes, but I'll have to wait and see. Smiley Happy

Extra info:

• I pay my high balances down every month leaving about 1 to 2% utilization reporting on my card.
  • In my EO letter I mentioned that a $5,500 credit limit would match my Discover It credit line (just started reporting)

UPDATE

My 6th statement closed yesterday (7/17). When I logged in today (7/18) I saw another $500 increase due to my Credit Steps enrollment! Woohoo! Hello 6k credit line! I love you Capital One!

Message 1 of 60
59 REPLIES 59
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Asked For Another Capital One Increase...And I Got It! This time an increase of 4K!

Grats on the huge cap1 luv!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Another Capital One Increase...This time an increase of 4K!

Congratulations!!

Message 3 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Asked For Another Capital One Increase...And I Got It! This time an increase of 4K!

@OmarGB9 wrote:
Grats on the huge cap1 luv!

Thank you!

Message 4 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!!

Thank you!

Message 5 of 60
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (March 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 6 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@alextercero wrote:

Congrats

Thanks!

Message 7 of 60
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Re: Another Capital One CLI! !!This time an increase of 4K!

Congrats!  I think its time I req a increase on the Venture.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 8 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@morgacj2004 wrote:

Congrats!  I think its time I req a increase on the Venture.

Thank you! Go for it! You can't win if you don't play!

Message 9 of 60
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Big Congrats!!

Message 10 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.